Pontieri Almost Closes the Deal (1 Viewer)

Pontieri Almost Closes the Deal

The Quality Plus Racing Pro Mod 57 Chevy, owned by Rob Sporring, had a great outing at last weekends O’Reilly Midwest Nationals in Madison, Illinois.

Pontieri marched through the field from the #2 spot with stellar reaction times and a consistent hot rod. Although the car is still suffering from some sort of electrical gremlin, its performance was still great. Crew Member Jason McKnight stated, “Tony drove like a champ today. He made us look good. We are struggling with some sort of problem that’s not letting us run to our full potential. I guess we can’t complain when we are winning rounds”.

The team which burned a piston in the semi-final win over Jay Payne, was given only 27 minutes to fix the problem and just could not get it done in time. Tony declared, “It really is unfortunate that it went down that way, but that’s racing. Tuner Al Billes was leaning on it a little harder than normal to try to get it to run and it just nipped one in the lights. I’m used to this kind of thing happening. I always have to get things the hard way. I’m just happy that we are doing well for team owner Rob Sporring”.

The Quality Plus Racing team headed back to Toronto, Ontario to regroup for the next AMS Pro Mod race which takes place in Bristol, Tennessee in two weeks.

The Quality Plus Compressors Pro Mod team would like to thank the following companies and individuals that help make this effort a reality: Quality Plus Compressors, Pontieri Automotive, Al Billes Racing, Too Precise Machine, L J Chassis, Ultimate Performance, Speed O Rama Shows, Gary's Transmissions, Cucci Hair Salon, Auto Meter, Fast Eddie Race Wear, Weld Wheel Inc, Bear's Performance, D.M.P.E Inc., The Trailer Shop, and Joe Van Overbeek Race Car Bodies.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back