Pomona TF entries (1 Viewer)

and on a side note, not having to do with the pomona entries, but for E-Town there is 16 Top Fuelers in the queue which hasn't happened in years and THIS EARLY. Sure helps that the event is 2 weeks after the Topeka event and a week after memorial day weekend so more people make the trip, I mean we got the freakin' sharks tank in TAD With Reichert and Shields :cool:.

and on a side note, not having to do with the pomona entries, but for E-Town there is 16 Top Fuelers in the queue which hasn't happened in years and THIS EARLY. Sure helps that the event is 2 weeks after the Topeka event and a week after memorial day weekend so more people make the trip, I mean we got the freakin' sharks tank in TAD With Reichert and Shields :cool:.

...And I think Dom Lagana will be at E-town this year, as it's an off weekend from the IHRA.....:cool:

I hope so too, but I think they only have one NHRA legal car....but one can hope!!!

I was at Epping two years ago when they match raced each other, and it was just too much fun:D

Am I counting wrong, or are there more Funny Cars on the entry list, then Pro-Stock cars? I can't remember the last time that has happend. There must be some more Pro-Stock cars that hasn't entered yet.:confused:

Last edited:
Am I counting wrong, or are there more Funny Cars on the entry list, then Pro-Stock cars? I can't remember the last time that has happend. There must be some more Pro-Stock cars that hasn't entered yet.:confused:

You're right!...that's crazy, and I noticed that Diehl isn't on the FC list yet either.....

I would say the fields are probably about as big as they are going to get. These appear to be the only missing entries based on who you would expect to be in Pomona ...

Top Fuel:
Doug Foley (Press Release said team was going to be in Pomona)

NHRA Story » Foley, Dote Racing to launch season in Pomona, double schedule

This would make it 20 Dragsters

Funny Car:
Jeff Diehl (Seems they are preparing to be in Pomona)

This would make it 21 Funny Cars

Pro Stock:
Dave Connolly

This would make it 20 Cars

Certainly not the oversized Pomona fields of years gone by, but pretty good all things considered. I certainly could be missing somebody but I do not see any other glaring absentees based on who is racing this year.

I would say the fields are probably about as big as they are going to get. These appear to be the only missing entries based on who you would expect to be in Pomona ...

Top Fuel:
Doug Foley (Press Release said team was going to be in Pomona)

NHRA Story » Foley, Dote Racing to launch season in Pomona, double schedule

This would make it 20 Dragsters

Funny Car:
Jeff Diehl (Seems they are preparing to be in Pomona)

This would make it 21 Funny Cars

Pro Stock:
Dave Connolly

This would make it 20 Cars

Certainly not the oversized Pomona fields of years gone by, but pretty good all things considered. I certainly could be missing somebody but I do not see any other glaring absentees based on who is racing this year.
Ron August Jr is in now, so Foley would make it 21-T/F.

Sainty/Rapisarada team is at Firebird. Don't think they have attempted a pass yet. Theil/Case Tractor F/C lost power at the hit on their first run, but second attempt looked good until perhaps 800' - perhaps a planned shutoff.

update of this, 5 days before the season begins and for E-Town 17 Top Fuelers, SEVENTEEN! first time in a few years that we have more fuelers than starting positions, hopefully it'll stay this way or increase a couple more :D

update of this, 5 days before the season begins and for E-Town 17 Top Fuelers, SEVENTEEN! first time in a few years that we have more fuelers than starting positions, hopefully it'll stay this way or increase a couple more :D

Fuel cars at Old Bridge? I'm curious how many of them are suppose to run in Pomona? That is a 3 day haul!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back