Pictures I shot @ Pomona (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Hello everyone, that was a pretty tough loss, and was in a funk for awhile.
Anyways, here are some pics I took Sunday(accidentally deleted all of Saturday's). In chronological order, so here we go......
Need gloves? Get them from her!
p1.jpg

Apparently, I think I am on Wilk's crew
crazy.gif
and adjusting idle RPM.
p2.jpg

Nitto tire girls were handing out free lanyards and trinkets to everyone
p3.jpg

You've seen jr. dragsters? Well here's a jr. funny car! Neat!
p4.jpg

Wilk's crew(Tim is hiding in front of the fuel tank)
p5.jpg

Densham's crew(hi Melissa!)
p6.jpg

In Pomona, on Sundays, engines may not be fired until 9:30 a.m., here CoryMac is about to step up into the car to fire the 1st engine of the day
p7.jpg

later, they fired again....musta had a prob the 1st time?

The Oakley car being warmed up by Mike Neff and crew
p8.jpg

...and the subsequent nitro cloud
p9.jpg

Mr. Rod Fuller mixing fuel
p10.jpg

Sunday 'mater meet
L to R: Burkartfan, myself, nhraMike, Gordon Carlon
p11.jpg

nice hanging out with you guys and the Saturday night 'maters also!

View from the Eastside general admission overflow seats
p12.jpg

(thanx Mr. Capps for the handshake and words of encouragement right then!)

The just tires girls
p13.jpg

wow the one on the right!

The Smith's looking great!
p14.jpg

Ron lacing up the chute packs
p15.jpg

Brut crew workig
p16.jpg

Dear Pomona Raceway, you are my favorite spot in the whole wide world. signed, your friend, Paul
p17.jpg

View from the Westside for rd. 2 elim's
p18.jpg

Huge congrats to the follow a dream TA/FC crew!
p19.jpg

-sorry I didn't recognize you Saturday Doug, it was because you were not covered in clutch dust!:D

Gorgeous Melanie
p20.jpg

from Fresno CA, Mr. Gary Scelzi...taking pic w/ a fan
p21.jpg

The Ace and the boys about ready to fire the motor
p22.jpg

Muaha ha ha haaaa!
reddevil.gif
Nitro cloud courtesy of the brut car!
p23.jpg

look at the girl on the left, the checkerboard guy in middle and the guy on right! Hee hee!

The man! Jerrod!
p24.jpg

cool hanging out with ya man.

Kim LaHaie
p25.jpg

I asked about how her dad was, she said "good!" Thanx Kim and congrats on the .48's with the new injector!

Ace on his way out to the staging lanes for rd. 2 elim's
p26.jpg

One last run for the miller lite sponsorship. Thanx Miller brewing for so many great memories!
p27.jpg

Here comes big red screaming by!
p28.jpg

brut car backing up after the burnout rd. 2
p29.jpg

crushing loss
p30.jpg

we will be back next year to kick some A!

...so I cruised back out to my truck to decompress abit, and this banner followed me!
leaving.gif

p31.jpg

view from the bed of my truck(you can see the tops of the grandstands to the right)
p32.jpg

I got some revolution (thanx for the autograph Ron!)and a shirt
p53.jpg

You know what? It smells pretty good! Kinda like eternity mixed with obsession, mixed with talc, and a little brut green.

Last edited:
The skoal experience being taken down
p33.jpg

it slides down, upside down, and then sideways. Then they roll it into the trailer. *Note to skoal: instead of 8 dudes in skoal shirts yellin' at folks to go into the experience, try 8 girls:D

A bunch of S/C's were lined up diagonally. Musta been for a photo op. They had really nice paint jobs!
p34.jpg

to the right is racer registration trailer

Jim Dunn and crew were in semi-circle getting a kick out of watching everyone cough/choke/cry from the nitro cloud
p35.jpg

there's a really pretty girl walking this way, she was really having a rough time! Nitro is cool.

Lucas top fueler being taken apart...it was rode hard and put away wet
p36.jpg

I asked her to marry me. She said "No, I only go with Force fans".
p37.jpg

right after that, a bird flying by overhead pooped on me, and a dog walking by pee'd on my leg. Happy birthday to me:D

Ol' Doug has been having nice girls in the trailer as of late
p38.jpg

thank you Doug!

These babes (and a bunch of other people) got free slicks courtesy Budweiser King motorsports!
p39.jpg

Mike Kloeber
p40.jpg

Dale Creasy jr. was standing nearby too, but I can't find the pic. ? Sorry 'bout that Peanut.

Sunset at Pomona
p41.jpg

The crowd nearby
p42.jpg

The air was electrifying(look at what's going on in the motel6vision)
p43.jpg

Absolutely the most intense moment in drag racing....I had goosebumps!
p44.jpg

p45.jpg

p46.jpg

Everyone was stunned silent for a few moments. Just incredible emotions taking hold. I was already bummed from earlier, but then very happy for Alan, the incredible accomplishments, rememberances of Blaine, at the same time very sad for Rahn, Doug, the end of the correct points structure.......
most intense moments ever.

Last edited:
p50.jpg

the little dot of light in the upper left is a 747 or something like that, a bunch were flying in

p52.jpg

p51.jpg

It was around 75* at night, warm wind blowing, those fisherman caught some little fishes, there was live music by a guitarist and lots of vendors selling beach stuff, the anusement park is named Pacific Park, the rides are fun!:D

Last edited:
It was great to meet with the 'maters Saturday night, see you guys again, Micheal, you're pics are awesome, great to meet you, make sure you aren't so quiet and shy next time. When you left, we were like, "who was that?":D
There are 2 mike Cornelius's es? wow! Great Pics Mike.
Sorry Gordon I called you Doug, and sorry David I got you mixed up with another David. I have trouble with names and faces sometimes. My sincere condolences to you and your family on your recent loss.

As for the 2 CHP officers who "helped" me delete Saturday's pictures, please have some coffee before going to the track next time:mad:

Paul, It's always good seeing you, and thanks for the cool shots behind the scenes. Catch you at the Winters!

Peace,
Mike Cornelius
a.k.a. NHRAMike

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back