Pictures from the Citrus Nationals '07 (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Despite the tragic event that happened at Moroso, I am going to post these 10 select photos from the event because I want to share my experience, which up until the accident was great.

P1020144web.jpg

First pic and it's with Jessie Harris. I ask her if the move to top fuel is final, she said it is and will make full passes sometime next week or so.

P1020148web.jpg

A VERY nice Chevelle.

P1020151web.jpg

A nice older Cadillac 'vert. Looks like it's in great shape.

P1020146web.jpg

The cool bus. It did not have a good day, could not seem to launch on either pass.

Last edited:
Continued....

P1020216web.jpg

I decided to ask the Racegirl reps to pose for me, which they said yes.

P1020212web.jpg

All-motor Durango (well except for the exhaust), runs 12's!

P1020175web.jpg

No, this is NOT an ultra-rare Chevelle 2-door wagon. The owner converted a 4-door to a 2-door, did an excellent job.

P1020171web.jpg

Dyno Dave Heitzman reached the finals, but could not compete because the race was called off due to the jet funny car accident.

Last edited:
Some nice pictures there Sam, but did you have the exposure or something cranked up too high to have some of those too bright pictures?

I've done that a couple dozen times, have no idea how I did it.

Jenn, I like to use manual exposure and over expose by just a tiny bit, because I tried leaving the camera set at auto and it tends to underexpose. The issue with that is the Panasonic cameras have a noise (distortion) issue and overexposing by a tiny bit lessens the effect of the noise.

If I had a DSLR, things would be different but I have to make do with what I have now.

Some nice stuff Sam...

Went through the stuff at webshot this morning before I left for work...

Thanks

d'kid

Jenn, I like to use manual exposure and over expose by just a tiny bit, because I tried leaving the camera set at auto and it tends to underexpose. The issue with that is the Panasonic cameras have a noise (distortion) issue and overexposing by a tiny bit lessens the effect of the noise.

If I had a DSLR, things would be different but I have to make do with what I have now.

Why would you want to intentionally over expose it?

That gives a whole new meaning to "the short bus"!!!

I am glad you got the Racegirl's permission for the photo! We don't need the picture police getting involved here!:D

I thought the noise was more when you had a higher ISO :confused:

Panasonic cameras always have had a noise issue even at the lower ISOs. It's either that or face horrible shutter lag from other cameras, there's no point in a lower-noise image if you're going to miss the shot. Sure other super-zoom cameras are catching up in the focus speed dept but Panasonic still has the lead in that area.

Panasonic cameras always have had a noise issue even at the lower ISOs. It's either that or face horrible shutter lag from other cameras, there's no point in a lower-noise image if you're going to miss the shot. Sure other super-zoom cameras are catching up in the focus speed dept but Panasonic still has the lead in that area.

intriguing

Imagine this, all the years i've posted here, I can say that David is the first person I recognize. We spoke briefly in the staging lanes by Paul Smith's car. I was in the golf cart with Gary Richards when you asked who was driving the car, and we started to get into the topic on fuel hydros.

Coyote OUT!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back