Pictures From Gateway Nationals (1 Viewer)

sammy

Nitro Member
By Any Chance, Did Anyone Get Get Any Pictures From The Race? Looking For Some Of Scott's Funny Car? Thanks, Sal

I have some of Scott Kalitta's funny car. I have several from this weekend. I will try to figure out to post them.

Dionne

I have few myself and will put them up and get you a link. I will try to do this tonight yet. There will be more than just Scott but I will have some of Scott there.

Here are a few I took, plenty more at my website of all classes. I haven't got them all posted yet so check back in the coming days. Click here for my website.

For now, here are a few of Scott Kallita.,,

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

Last edited:
Wow...I know one fan who was there that I`m sure had some close up shots of the DHL flopper. Be cool to see that team start going some rounds and start playing spolier again!

Jeff, I would like to say that you have some great looking images. Did you take them on Saturday or Sunday? And if I might ask where were you in the stands? Cause the angle of the track that you had looks very similar to mine. I spent Saturday at the top of the stands on the west side of the track. I was just short of the 330 timing lights. Once again great images.

Rick you sound like the guy that came over to me and asked about the lens I was using. Was that you? I was there Friday and Saturday in the top of the west side stands around the 330 mark.

Your photos are really nice as well.

Last edited:
I'm a big Kalitta fan, so dont kill me when I say...that yellow has to be one of the UGLIEST paint schemes ever to grace itself on a race car, but if DHL was giving me money to race, I suppose I would paint my first born yellow if they asked!:p

I'm a big Kalitta fan, so dont kill me when I say...that yellow has to be one of the UGLIEST paint schemes ever to grace itself on a race car, but if DHL was giving me money to race, I suppose I would paint my first born yellow if they asked!:p

When you see it in person out in the sun, it really looks nice. I really like the way it looks when it is flying down the track at 325 mph!!!

Tim I'm impressed. You said THAT and Suzie didn't kill you! Must be a Texas thing, huh?

Ken I was on the west side on Saturday but I did not ask anyone about their equipment. I was using a 50-500 mm on a Nikon D70 and 70-200/2.8f on a Nikon D100. What were you using if I might ask?

I have to agree that the yellow is "loud" but I can not think of a better color to put against the black asphalt and photograph. It is not as hard to see as some of the dark colors.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back