Pics I took @ fuel & gas finals Bakersfield (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Hey you. Went on over to Bakersfield to watch goodguys fuel & gas finals Saturday qualifying. Cool overcast morning, track very good and tight. Sun broke thru in the afternoon to the mid-upper 70's, light breeze. Really fantastic weather. HUGE MASSIVE crowd and car counts! Awesome.
I shot these with my crappy cam randomly.
Ready? Let's go!
gg1.jpg

gg2.jpg

gg6.jpg

gg7.jpg

gg13.jpg

warming up a fueler

gg14.jpg

crew readying

gg15.jpg

getting the blue max ready

gg16.jpg

Del chatting

Last edited:
Mr. Worsham
gg21.jpg

some vendors
gg22.jpg

Del getting ready to warm the engine
gg23.jpg

Remember Cory Lee?
gg24.jpg

ok, there was a whole bunch of folks crowded around and in between these two bodies.....but the massive nitro cloud pushed them all away!:D
gg25.jpg

Was hanging out across the way when suddenly this loud filing sound. Isaid WTH is that?
gg26.jpg

This guy is really dedicated!
gg27.jpg

shadows
gg37.jpg

Sexiest girl on the property(I think she is a back-up girl for a NT/F team?)
gg38.jpg

a '66 Vette
gg39.jpg

Mr. Worsham
gg40.jpg

The Gaynor pit after the crash(everyone came over to see)
gg45.jpg

crew member on Estruss car servining the engine
gg46.jpg

Tires
gg47.jpg

gg48.jpg

The call went out: "Top fuel to the staging lanes!" and I was attacked by a horde of rails!
gg49.jpg

gg50.jpg

One cool cat: J.R. Todd (who did some announcing on the mic, and did great!)
gg51.jpg

Phil Burkart enjoying his first ever nostalgia race!
gg52.jpg

some gassers at twilight
gg53.jpg

gg32.jpg

gg33.jpg

I met Ron's Dad.(my eyes are wierd looking cuz the sun was very bright, and had only slept 4 hours)
gg34.jpg

Just incredibly easy-going and easy to chat with, thank you Mr. Capps for shaking my hand and chatting with me!
gg35.jpg

Last edited:
this lady off to the right is saying "WTF are you doing?!
gg36.jpg

<shrug>

I have a bunch more here, including a bunch of nice cars, hot California girls, random stuff, but they came out too blurry.
Had fun! Saw the record setting 5.70 @ 250MPH Sean Bellemeur NT/F ran:cool:

Thanks so much for sharing so quickly! Made my morning! Great selection of photos! The track must really be good, look at those numberes throughout the catagories!! By the way.......... Go Gruzens!!

Last edited:
Huh...strange i had no clue that many big named racers went to the local races. Great to see that they remember where the roots are, wether they are driving or watching! Hope it was a good race, and nice pictures!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back