Pics and vid from Blaine Johnson Memorial Engine Lab dedication ceremony (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Hello everyone

Today, Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria, Ca held a grand opening open house ceremony of their new industrial technology building. I went thru the automotive program there in the late 80's / early 90's and a few refresher classes in recent years. The old buildings served their purpose but new facilities were much overdue.

So this place and it's cause and spirit are near and dear to my heart. It was a beautiful day, and Blaine's mom, Agnes, and his sister, Pam, were present to christen the new engine lab. It was beautiful and I know Blaine is smiling.

When Alan and the family have the benefit golf tournament and celebration every year, the funds raised go here to acquire new modern machinery, technology and equipment. This furthers the advancement of learning in this endeavor of automotive technology that we all love and enjoy.

So here are a few pics and a vid.

(left: AHC pres Kevin Walthers, Blaine's mom, unsure, Blaine's sister)

Link to the album:

>>>>> http://slickpic.us/678646TYi2 <<<<<

Last edited:
This is so good to see. I've been in+out of the auto machine biz for more than 30 years-and from what I've seen, the amount of kids that have even the slightest amount of interest in the trade is almost non exsistant. At least this might open the eyes to those who think all you need to build an engine is a laptop.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back