Pick the Winner Results- Winternationals (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
WOW, Everyone came out with hot picks for the first race. Top 12 were all 20 points or better. A battle of the Tom's had Morgan and Powers each one pick away from perfection, with Tom Powers taking the tiebreaker and the win for the first race.

Congrats to all. Now if the form holds, the next race 13 points will win it all :)

On to the next one.....

*shrugs shoulders* At least I did not finish last.....Hopefully I'll step it up at my home race this week. Congrats Tom!

Congrats Tom and Tom! I picked a runner-up, three semifinalists, and a second-round finisher and I'm still way back. Pick The Winners 2022 is going to be tough, tough, tough!

It looks like there are only 40 on the entry list this year compared to previous years when there were between 100 to 150 entries. But there are still a lot of heavy hitters, so it won't be a cakewalk for anyone. There still may be a few that forgot to enter the first race of the year like I did a few years ago.:) That reminds me of something that Bob Bode almost didn't do about 10 years ago. That was a year that we were doing about 18 races and I had been on the road for a few weeks already and I had parked the hauler at the Charlotte track and had rented a car and was hanging out at Tasca's shop on a Sunday afternoon in Concord NC. I was sitting in one the offices checking out things on my laptop and I checked the entry list for the race that week to see who all was on it and I noticed that Bob Bode was not on it and the cutoff was the next morning. I knew he was at a Jr dragster race with Bobby, so I called him and asked if he had put his entry in for the Charlotte race and he said he was sure he had but he would double check when he got home. He called me back later that night and said holy crap he had not entered for that race. That would have been an expensive trip for him just so we could all sit and spectate. :D

Congrats Tom's !!!! Tough crowd this year. Ease up guys and give an old fart a chance. That wasn't a dig on you Mike E. 🤣

It looks like there are only 40 on the entry list this year compared to previous years when there were between 100 to 150 entries. But there are still a lot of heavy hitters, so it won't be a cakewalk for anyone. There still may be a few that forgot to enter the first race of the year like I did a few years ago.:) That reminds me of something that Bob Bode almost didn't do about 10 years ago. That was a year that we were doing about 18 races and I had been on the road for a few weeks already and I had parked the hauler at the Charlotte track and had rented a car and was hanging out at Tasca's shop on a Sunday afternoon in Concord NC. I was sitting in one the offices checking out things on my laptop and I checked the entry list for the race that week to see who all was on it and I noticed that Bob Bode was not on it and the cutoff was the next morning. I knew he was at a Jr dragster race with Bobby, so I called him and asked if he had put his entry in for the Charlotte race and he said he was sure he had but he would double check when he got home. He called me back later that night and said holy crap he had not entered for that race. That would have been an expensive trip for him just so we could all sit and spectate. :D
I'll be entered for Phoenix - had to wrap up some last minute sponsorship detail (aka - remembering to submit picks on time)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back