Phoenix Weather (1 Viewer)

The weather is absolutely perfect for April, the racing gods have smiled on us for the second straight year.

I'll be off work in about an hour and half and I'll try and get a few hours sleep before heading out there this afternoon.

Well, good racing weather until a few minutes ago. Looks like the rain I've been dealing with here in San Diego all day has made its way east...

I had a good time watching the nitro cars once they finally got going, but I sure didn’t expect to be freezing in the stands in April in Chandler…

The weirdness and NHRA seem to be inseparable so far. Tomorrow should be absolutely beautiful, no joke. I’m in Northern Arizona, and we’re still getting snow off of the same front that affected Phoenix, which wasn’t supposed to have affected Phoenix. Wonder what other kinds of weirdness we will see.

Living in Phoenix area for ten yrs. and riding my Harley to work every day the one thing I remember was in the spring we always had heavy winds.
Something about the cool nights & warm days,

So the Pro qualifying is 2 fast and furious rd 1 in Q1 , then 2 fast and furious final in Q2 , then Ponoma final in Q 3 ? Am I correct ?

Last edited:
Yesterday was cold & windy. Actually lite rain just after they started running nitro, but not long. Got track dried quick. During S/G, there was a strong crosswind, blowing across the finish line. Bill Dennis of Roswell, NM (in the topless Caddy) crossed the finish line and you could literally see the wind stuff him into the left lane guard wall. He was able to control the car & got it stopped OK. After a l o n g delay, they sent a pair of T/D. Car in right lane turned almost sideways in the lites, astonished he didn't crash. After MUCH delay, finally ran nitro cars only, cuz they have more downforce. Track was tight so good runs. Wind did start around 10 AM & got worse all day. Was cloudy most of the day. Arghhhhh

I noticed that Macie Gordon is running T/D. She Q #23, right next to Dylan Hough. Maybe 2 future alky drivers.

Announcer said yesterday that Firebird came back to life cuz of many city, police, racers, NHRA, and others that met with the tribe to keep the track open. We all thought it would close last year so a great blessing that track "will be open for a long time to come". I will comment that the gestapo was really a pain. Could not bring back pack, nor umbrellas, etc thru the gate. Was allowed to bring my little med bag, but I thought they were getting way out of hand by was not allowed to be brought in. Less food vendors this year as well. Just my 2 cents. Believe me, I'm so glad that track will stay open.

Announcer said yesterday that Firebird came back to life cuz of many city, police, racers, NHRA, and others that met with the tribe to keep the track open. We all thought it would close last year so a great blessing that track "will be open for a long time to come". I will comment that the gestapo was really a pain. Could not bring back pack, nor umbrellas, etc thru the gate. Was allowed to bring my little med bag, but I thought they were getting way out of hand by was not allowed to be brought in. Less food vendors this year as well. Just my 2 cents. Believe me, I'm so glad that track will stay open.
They sold it out too. Go Firebird!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back