Phillips vs. Gann (1 Viewer)

Tony Niswonger

Nitro Member
Anybody know what the beef was between Phillips and Gann in the first round? Clearly words where exchanged on the top end, but I couldn't understand what was being said.

Evidently Michael is always last to crank his bike up in the water box, and Shawn was determined to not be the first as well. So they just sat there in the water box untill one finally gave in. Then the had a bit of a staging battle. So I guess Michael was pissed off because Shawn was playing games with him on the starting line. So Michael told him at the end of the track that next time he should know better than to play games with me because he had been at this a long time and that he knows all the games. Something to that nature.

The way I look at it is people just do what they have to do to win, playing games or not. It's all racing!!! It's all a mental thing.:p

Doesn't Phillips have a history of these silly blowups???

I agree racing is racing, its just as much a mental thing as anything else. As long as your not endangering somebody then who cares

Is Phillips they guy that popped another racer upside the helmet a few years back at Indy?

He was the idiot who head butted somebody a while back right on camera.
I don't think he knew the camera was on him at the time it's one thing to play games but to get physical is another problem he needs to go to anger managment classes. LOL!

I don't think he knew the camera was on him at the time it's one thing to play games but to get physical is another problem he needs to go to anger managment classes. LOL!

I knew there was something involving him....but you might be on the right track...maybe he needs some attention.

I knew there was something involving him....but you might be on the right track...maybe he needs some attention.

We weren't there so who know's what was said to cause those actions? While we are on the anger management subject, I guess this means Ronn Capps and Paul Smith need these classes also? These guys have busted a few chops, Capps caused a guy to need stitches so he is really insane huh?

These guys have busted a few chops, Capps caused a guy to need stitches so he is really insane huh?

At the risk of sounding negative, surely the guy who shale remain nameless must have said something to cause Ron to clock him?

We weren't there so who know's what was said to cause those actions? While we are on the anger management subject, I guess this means Ronn Capps and Paul Smith need these classes also? These guys have busted a few chops, Capps caused a guy to need stitches so he is really insane huh?

Your right we weren't there...but the ESPN cameras were rolling went he went upside another riders helmet over a staging matter...so in a sense we all seen it. I guess we might as well say any racer or crew member that has had a bad day at work needs it, huh??

micheal knew the cameras were on and he didnt care and i wouldnt have either. the other guy in that deal had lane choice and had decided to switch lanes 4 or 5 times before they ever got up to do their burnouts. then right as they were going to do their burnouts he switched again. micheal started up and did his burnout and the other guy waited and waited and waited to start his bike. then he finally started up, did his burnout and pulled up to stage, by which time mike had already built up alot of heat in his motor and clutch. mike had his first bulb on and when the other guy put his first bulb on, mike put on his second, which is supposed to start the countdown for autostart on the tree. then the other guy backed out of staging and was sitting there bumping the 1st bulb on and off. when he finally staged mikes bike was so hot that his time was way off. i would have been just as furious. the autostart never set the tree off because it had been disabled. mike doesnt have big sponsor money so this is all coming out of his pocket and that probably had alot to do with why he was so mad.

just thought someone might like to know the real story.

micheal knew the cameras were on and he didnt care and i wouldnt have either. the other guy in that deal had lane choice and had decided to switch lanes 4 or 5 times before they ever got up to do their burnouts. then right as they were going to do their burnouts he switched again. micheal started up and did his burnout and the other guy waited and waited and waited to start his bike. then he finally started up, did his burnout and pulled up to stage, by which time mike had already built up alot of heat in his motor and clutch. mike had his first bulb on and when the other guy put his first bulb on, mike put on his second, which is supposed to start the countdown for autostart on the tree. then the other guy backed out of staging and was sitting there bumping the 1st bulb on and off. when he finally staged mikes bike was so hot that his time was way off. i would have been just as furious. the autostart never set the tree off because it had been disabled. mike doesnt have big sponsor money so this is all coming out of his pocket and that probably had alot to do with why he was so mad.

Rick Stewart should have redlighted him manually.

Thank you!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back