Phillips Connect ‘300 at the 1/8. (1 Viewer)

3 TF's have run 299+ to my knowledge....Morgan Lucas, (recently) Brittany Force and 1 other. Grubnic was likely going for it in Brainerd but just missed.

3 TF's have run 299+ to my knowledge....Morgan Lucas, (recently) Brittany Force and 1 other. Grubnic was likely going for it in Brainerd but just missed.
Langdon with Alan Johnson ran 299 in Brainerd. He was the first to do it.

Wow! 300 MPH in the blink of an eye. Remember when 300 in a 1/4 mile was a big deal.
I thought they were trying to slow these cars down. Anyway, my vote goes to Brittany Force and Grubnic.

There have been teams that have done it in testing a few years ago now. One of them was a FC ;) Justin Ashley has been running big speeds to the 660 of late, including 298 and change in Brainerd. I think this is a cool deal.

If Brittany Force and Grubnic. are in the running to be the 1st. Make sure Popa John doesn't put any $$$ in the pot as an incentive.
Remember the Force/Epler battle for 300. LOL

This is an unexpected and enterprising initiative, given that the emphasis for so many years has been on quelling speed, not rewarding it. Great stuff!

you could almost say it's a race to the 1/8 already, as the rev limiter comes into play just after.
1000' low e.t.'s and big 1/8 mile mph are totally connected.
who'd ever thought a 1/2 track mph would be rewarded. i agree. pretty cool.

If Brittany Force and Grubnic. are in the running to be the 1st. Make sure Popa John doesn't put any $$$ in the pot as an incentive.
Remember the Force/Epler battle for 300. LOL
I remember it well. Conditions were good at Heartland Park; Epler ran 300 right after Etchells ran the first 4. Force, quote: "Hell, I guess I'll get a sex change operation so I can be the first woman in the 4s or run 300."

Anyone know who that actually was? The only one that comes to mind is Ashley Force. DeJoria didn't race nitro FC until 2009.

Anyone know who that actually was? The only one that comes to mind is Ashley Force. DeJoria didn't race nitro FC until 2009.
My guess would be Cristen Powell when she drove for Helen Hoffmann or John Costanza

My guess would be Cristen Powell when she drove for Helen Hoffmann or John Costanza
totally forgot she had that driving stint.....was this before or after her reebox TF'r w/kloeber tuning?

Looks like you're right. Copy/Paste from DragList:

"Cristen Powell made the biggest splash of any female in AA/FC driver in the past 15 years. She has driven four top-flight cars -- national event winning machines owned by Chuck Worsham, John Constanza, Whit Bazemore, and Helen Hoffman. Cristen earned her crossover license in the Worsham's CSK car running a 5.35 clocking. She took over the driving of Constanza's JCIT Firebird, driving it to the fastest ever times by female in a funny car at 4.91."

Damn....Brittany came close today, real close. Set both ends of the Indy track record and missed the 300 mark by .27mph.
And Grubby said he slowed it down too! I was really hoping they got a shot at Q5 with the clouds because I believe Grubby would have thrown everything at it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back