Pep Boys (1 Viewer)

I don't think anyone is trashing PEP Boys, just in the light of recent strategic moves by the company a little suprised of the sponsorship announcement. Great deal for both them and NHRA.

BTW, not to sound callus or ignorant, but from someone who hasn't been to a national event is about 15 years, what is the "Allstar Call Out?"

For the record, I wished the one in my neighborhood still had the store opened. Many visits there and the Harbor Freight store around the corner on the same trip over the years.

I don't think anyone is trashing PEP Boys, just in the light of recent strategic moves by the company a little suprised of the sponsorship announcement. Great deal for both them and NHRA.

BTW, not to sound callus or ignorant, but from someone who hasn't been to a national event is about 15 years, what is the "Allstar Call Out?"

For the record, I wished the one in my neighborhood still had the store opened. Many visits there and the Harbor Freight store around the corner on the same trip over the years.
callout as far as I know is letting the top ranked cars choose their opponent in 1st round of shootout from the remaining cars in the event. It might add some strategy to the deal and give the fans something else to discuss. This is the 1st time to do it

8 cars per all-star race rite? so 3 call outs in 1st rnd? and then 1 call out in semis? (low e.t. from 1st rnd?? ........x2 races = 8 pep boys call outs.......8 announcements in entire season.
i'd say they were approached to sponsor a race/s, and the 'call-out' deal was a little extra add-on.

8 cars per all-star race rite? so 3 call outs in 1st rnd? and then 1 call out in semis? (low e.t. from 1st rnd?? ........x2 races = 8 pep boys call outs.......8 announcements in entire season.
i'd say they were approached to sponsor a race/s, and the 'call-out' deal was a little extra add-on.
I wonder if the call out only applies to the first round and then they do normal 8 car ladder based on the call out. There is time in the schedule for the call out on Friday but no time in the schedule for Saturday.

looking forward to 2023 version. hopefully not so much 'fluff' on tv show this year. i get it, you want to highlite the drivers, but at a certain point enough is enough.
just a simple interview about the opponent in next race, then let them race.
langdon, ant, and leah not in show ....... would love nothing more than to see clay double up at the gators...... or josh hart.

If Antron and Leah aren't included, you have succeeded in creating another opportunity for the crowd to make a beer and churros run at the Gators. Not interested in seeing aging white males (and Brittany) fake up some kind of rivalry.

they wasted no time at all letting everyone know what the prize was back then.
the nhra.com article on this year's event mentions nothing about a prize......IMO they can't due to
utter embarrassment they're not even close to the prize offered over 25 years ago.
that being said, i'm glad there is a special event for TF'rs and FC's and a willing sponsor.
having the TF deal at the season opening gators is good too.

Surprised they have any $$ to sponsor anything,most of their stoees are dumps
Me 2. I haven't been there since the fast n furious came out. It was pretty much big spoilers in the store . My buddy went there a few months ago asking about getting a new battery. Nope, didn't have amy. they lost thier focus..

The Pep Boys near me got rid of the cashiers and check-outs. if you want to purchase anything, The person that is in the parts dept. checks you out.

The Pep Boys Stores In Bakersfield Leased out their Store fronts to Advance Auto Parts and kept only the Service Part. They are basically two different entities on the same property now. Advance came in and completly renovated the stores, painted the buildings and changed the signage as well as closing the pass through to the service department. Both sides of the one I pass seem to be doing well (Hope the service side is not comebacks :)).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back