PDRA Live Feed (1 Viewer)

They are getting nailed with rain. One Q yesterday, and 2 rain outs today (Sat). Live feed shows dark skies & wet track. Wish I could send them Arizona weather. We're 110 today & lowww humidity.

Cliff, I love Pro Mod and am a fan of the PDRA. I have been to a 3 PDRA races, although the turnouts at Martin, MI and Indy that I attended, were weak. In my opinion, the 1/8 mile format seems more suited for the Southern audience than the Northern audience. But it appears that the PDRA is dying a slow and painful death. 3 or 4 years ago in Martin, MI, they had over 50 cars spread over their 3 Pro Mod Classes. Their fastest class, Pro Xtreme, (cars ran in the 3.40's at over 220 mph) was discontinued last year, due to small car counts (cost factor was cited as the reason). At this weekend's race at SGMP, there are only 12 cars in Pro Boost and 9 cars in Pro Nitrous. Only 8 cars in Xtreme (Mountain Motor) Pro Stock (hoping to see more of them running with the NHRA in the future). Not sure how long they can sustain their organization with car counts like that. Sort of sad to watch. The NMCA (which I will see in 4 weeks at Joliet) and Midwest Pro Mod Series seem to holding their.

Hope PDRA stays around. I really like watching those races. Have never really seen large crowds at those races, with maybe the exception of Galot drags. Sigh

Cliff, I love Pro Mod and am a fan of the PDRA. I have been to a 3 PDRA races, although the turnouts at Martin, MI and Indy that I attended, were weak. In my opinion, the 1/8 mile format seems more suited for the Southern audience than the Northern audience. But it appears that the PDRA is dying a slow and painful death. 3 or 4 years ago in Martin, MI, they had over 50 cars spread over their 3 Pro Mod Classes. Their fastest class, Pro Xtreme, (cars ran in the 3.40's at over 220 mph) was discontinued last year, due to small car counts (cost factor was cited as the reason). At this weekend's race at SGMP, there are only 12 cars in Pro Boost and 9 cars in Pro Nitrous. Only 8 cars in Xtreme (Mountain Motor) Pro Stock (hoping to see more of them running with the NHRA in the future). Not sure how long they can sustain their organization with car counts like that. Sort of sad to watch. The NMCA (which I will see in 4 weeks at Joliet) and Midwest Pro Mod Series seem to holding their.
They only ran 8 car fields for this race. I’m not sure this was a planned deal or not

It’s a shame thinking of how the PDRA is a result of that fateful ADRL sale and what could have been. They were creating such a buzz Don Schumacher showed up at one ADRL event to check it out. I enjoy the PDRA and hope they stick around. Looking forward to attending the upcoming Dragway 42 event. They have done a good job rising out of that mess but I’m afraid the NHRA and NMCA has not left them much room to maintain their Pro Mod participation not to mention there seems to be a rain cloud following them to every event.

If PDRA did close down, the cars could run NHRA. Lizzy Musi could bring attention to the class, altho she seems to be running a lot of the No Prep races lately. Hmmmm, maybe NHRA could run No Prep as a class......

Just checked the live feed, 8:45 AM Phoenix time. They just ran the semi finals of the pro classes. Man they must have started at dawn! Still have sportsmen to run, so am guessing they want to get Pro classes done & go from there. Can see clouds so maybe some chance of rain today? Hope they get the race done. Pro cars have been 3.65 so the air is good.

I competed at a couple PDRA races a couple seasons ago, had a great time. I didn’t enjoy the 1/8 mile as much as the 1/4 but they were a great organization to run for and I still pull up the live feed to watch. They haven’t come back to the Midwest for a couple years (used to run Dallas and Tulsa) so it’s too long of a haul to keep participating.

PDRA is a great organization. I have been a close fan since it’s inception and a couple of friends run Top Sportsman, so I hear the racer side too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back