Parts Plus to sponsor NHRA Top Fuel driver Clay Millican for 12 races (1 Viewer)

Popular Top Fuel driver Clay Millican, the pride of Drummonds, Tenn., is returning to NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series action with primary sponsorship from Memphis-based Parts Plus.

“For 12 events this season,” Mike Lambert, president of the Automotive Distribution Network, said Friday, “Parts Plus will team with MPE Motorsports as the primary sponsor of Clay Millican. Clay’s racing success is complemented by his appearance as the host of shows on SPEED TV and MTV2, making him one of the most-recognized faces in the sport.

“This targeted exposure for our brand will be amazing as the Parts Plus dragster burns rubber down NHRA drag strips nationwide.”

The team will make its debut at Gainesville, Fla., March 10-13.

“Their willingness to commit to our sport in such a tough economic time,” said Mark Pickens, who owns the team with his wife, Lauren, “showed their visionary insight into the value of the NHRA fan base and the companies that support it.

“We are excited to enter into this partnership, especially when it is with a company from our hometown. We want to build a long and lasting relationship. I think it’s really going to be a great combination.”

Millican, a six-time IHRA Top Fuel champion, was equally as enthusiastic.

“This announcement by Parts Plus is one of the most exciting things we’ve seen in a long time,” he said. “It is awesome that they chose our team to get into drag racing for the first time in their company history . . . and they are a hometown company.

“Our team has been together for a long time, and Mark and Lauren have hung in there with us,” Millican continued. “We only did a couple of races last year, but now we’ve been able sign on with Parts Plus. I am so excited. I look forward to working with them for many years to come.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back