Parts Ban will not effect NHRA in Oregon (1 Viewer)

Good deal Rich.. And I still like your idea about everyone going Alky as a petrolium-conserving PR coup by NHRA to get the Government to love us long time...

Good thing they re-worded it. If I'm interpreting this correctly, it simply means that for example selling headers without catalytic converters are going to be illegal in the state. If those same headers have cats in them, you're in the clear.

All I have to say is, thank goodness that FL does not any emissions testing, 'cause the first thing I'm going to do if I get any sporty car is remove the cats and put Hookers and Corsas on!

Because the bill so was so broad and because one legislative aid told me on the phone that "you will be impacted and even racing fuel won't be able to be sold in this state" I got a little worked up and even went to a swap meet and handed out fliers. I was thinking great hear it comes. For a while it sounded like everything but a commuter car was in trouble depending on who you asked, if they even knew about this at all.

Even though Oregon is back to a racer friendly state (at least away from the Portland area) I still think NHRA would be wise mandating that any car with a competition number on gasoline should run on methanol for a host of reasons. We might be OK now but we have 4 or more years of what may be a tough road of more environmentalism.

Your methanol idea is interesting. Canada has banned leaded gasoline, and from what I hear, we can't run up there after this year. Maybe they'd accept methanol?

Some might grumble as it's a sign of weekness, a pain in the butt etc. But the direction the world and this country is going such as the ban in Canada tells me its a good idea to announce it now for the 2010 season. Some in canada think the racing gas ban is the end of the world. It would be if there was no alternative but there is and it's a good one. Converting to methanol will eventually pay for itself and there's all kinds of alcohol carbs and flying toilets to use.

If we weren't facing the kinds of problems we're facing then never mind but that's not the case. Its time to get a

Last edited:
What are you guys talking about? There has been unleaded racing gas since the early 70's. It gets used in circle track racing all the time. . .

Good thing they re-worded it. If I'm interpreting this correctly, it simply means that for example selling headers without catalytic converters are going to be illegal in the state. If those same headers have cats in them, you're in the clear.

All I have to say is, thank goodness that FL does not any emissions testing, 'cause the first thing I'm going to do if I get any sporty car is remove the cats and put Hookers and Corsas on!

Don't hold your breath yet Samuel,Gov.Crist wants Florida to adopt California standards.

Oregon voters..even if parts have been re-worded,eventually the deal can be rewritten later and the ban for all Hi performance parts to come alive again.Make sure you contact your legislators and urge them to vote against these types of bills.

This from Sema-

We’ve been negotiating with the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) for several weeks on amendments to H. B. 2186. Last week, we reached an agreement on an alternative to the legislation which, as you’re aware, originally sought to prohibit the sale and distribution of aftermarket motor vehicle parts if alternatives are available that “decrease greenhouse gas emissions from motor vehicles.” Under the negotiated agreement, the new bill would only give the Department authority to set:

4) Requirements to prevent the tampering, alteration and modification of the original design or performance of motor vehicle pollution control systems, provided that the commission shall coordinate any Oregon anti-tampering requirements and exemptions with those of the state of California;
This amendment is consistent with both EPA and California ARB policies against modifications that increase emissions.

It does not give Oregon any additional authority beyond what the federal law dictates already. Racing application exemptions remain in place.

This from Sema-
It does not give Oregon any additional authority beyond what the federal law dictates already. Racing application exemptions remain in place.

Rich, it's bad enough where I live let alone where you do. And they want to dump a big tax on Micro Biers also. What a toilet Oregon has become. But as long as they don't have a sales tax we'll continue to buy big box items there. Makes me a hypocrite, doesn't it? Thanks for all the good work you do.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back