Papa John's Officially Signs with DSR/NHRA (1 Viewer)

I've said it before, they have delivery people on ATV's and golf carts with warmers cruising the Zoo at BIR all night long. You want pizza at 3 am? No problem. They sell the $h!t out of them.

so the deal has to be hinged on exclusive pizza selling rites at all nat. events?......at least a couple enclosed trailers at each
event; rolling oven and sales window?......vendors in stands selling by the slice?......coupon with GA?......
coupon on back of leah's hand-out cards?

The thing that bends me is, Every time a driver or team gets a Big sponsor, NHRA has to dip their hand into their successful accomplishment. You don't see NHRA going out and looking for these potential sponsors and saying oh by the way John Doe is sidelined this year because he doesn't have the sponsorship $$ why not put your name on the side of their car to get the most exposure for the money.

The thing that bends me is, Every time a driver or team gets a Big sponsor, NHRA has to dip their hand into their successful accomplishment. You don't see NHRA going out and looking for these potential sponsors and saying oh by the way John Doe is sidelined this year because he doesn't have the sponsorship $$ why not put your name on the side of their car to get the most exposure for the money.

So you obviously know all the details about how this deal came about with the NHRA, right?

So you obviously know all the details about how this deal came about with the NHRA, right?

I get a good laugh every time I read where someone thinks they know how the deal went down. Maybe....just maybe he saw ROI and decided to get involved with our sport....nah.

You are going to see a LOT of Papa John's in NHRA this year.

This is one of the neatest and most comprehensive activations I think any company has ever been involved with in the sport. This deal mirrors the types of sponsorships large companies sign with traditional stick and ball leagues. May not seem like a big deal on the face of it, but I feel as though it is a good example of progress in the sport.

Papa is worth 1Bil, pocket change. Ever think HE initiated?

Brian's point about activation is 100x more relevant than the nhra "dipping their hand in the sponsorship" .... sponsorship either works or it doesn't, but for any sponsorship that is more that customer hospitality it seems that you have to activate to make any sense of the racing outlay. I hope papa is paving the way for more.

Sorry I don't like Papa Johns pizza there are to many quality pizza restaurants in my area that blow away the papa johns, Domino's, Pizza Hut pizza flops!

Maybe it's like ....Your at the track, you see a nice looking car go really fast with Papa John'a on the side. That makes you hungry. Then you walk around the facility and magically there are numerous Papa John's pizza stands.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back