Papa John Steps Down (1 Viewer)

Papa John's can probably see changes pretty quickly with their "[team name]50" promotion. If the number of people using the NFL discount codes drop suddenly it is probably safe to say Papa John's customers aren't watching as many NFL games as they used to.

Papa John's can probably see changes pretty quickly with their "[team name]50" promotion. If the number of people using the NFL discount codes drop suddenly it is probably safe to say Papa John's customers aren't watching as many NFL games as they used to.

Which is exactly why it was very important for anyone here ordering from Papa Johns to use the "Leah30" code.

The point of your second statement I think is the big one. If I'm paying to put an add on your show thinking that I'm going to have a million people see it, but the actions of some are causing people to "Tune Out" then my add is not being seen by those people and that is going to cost me business.

There's a reason adds cost more on a prime time hit show than on a rerun of a show on cable, you (as an advertiser) are paying for impressions, if the show is not delivering the impressions, then the advertiser is not getting what he was promised and paid for. If the reason is because of something being done to turn off some of the audience then I think the advertiser has every right to question why it is happening.

Just my opinion
Alan

True, but maybe Papa John's should've also mentioned the other reasons for the drop in NFL ratings before a few players started exercising their 1st amendment rights. There are some smart people who had been predicting a drop in their ratings...sounds like Papa John's needs to fire their analytics teams.

Last edited:
True, but maybe Papa John's should've also mentioned the other reasons for the drop in NFL ratings before a few players started exercising their 1st amendment rights. There are some smart people who had been predicting a drop in their ratings...sounds like Papa John's needs to fire their analytics teams.
I do not believe this is a 1st. amendment issue. I do believe this is a disrespecting the Country, Flag, Veterans, and employer issue.

Do I agree with the kneeling? No, there is something called "time and place for everything." I get that the 1st amendment gives them the right to do so, but still. The issue is that it's a no-win situation. Support their right to kneel and you come off as being OK with disrespecting our flag/military. Voice opposition to it and make statements like "they should be benched or cut" and you run the risk of being called a bigot/racist.

Kneeling during the National Anthem is not a 1st Amendment constitutionally protected practice.
The 1st Amendment protects against government intrusion into free speech.
But, just because you can protest, that doesn’t mean you should cry when there are repercussions from that protest.

This kneeling crap has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. It has everything to do with the players believing that the police are against them. Started by black players and some non black players got on board to show they were "team players". I'm sure there was intimidation of non white players by black players.

The players who kneel during the National Anthem are showing their cards as to who they really are. The NFL (National Felony League) will never be on our TVs again. They have burnt their bridge and hopefully their salaries will be reduced drastically. Nothing more than overpaid, low IQ, racist cry babies who believe that the world looks up to them as heroes.

the players took a stance. that can not be denied. there is solidarity in their actions. did they choose the exact rite action
is up for debate. their stance was for the issue of police brutality. a real issue effecting minority populations.

the players took a stance. that can not be denied. there is solidarity in their actions. did they choose the exact rite action
is up for debate. their stance was for the issue of police brutality. a real issue effecting minority populations.

Not all the players took the stance and agree with it. In fact most of them were not even sure why they were doing it and just wanted to get back to playing football. If the brainiac players would have got together and planned this ahead of time and not kneel during the countries national anthem they might have peoples respect. One player who's career started sucking and got benched then started kneeling to bring attention to a cause and not himself? yeah right! Trump made a comment players should be fired for kneeling so more players came together to kneel or lock arms only because of Trump and NOT there cause. Since Colin is not playing anymore why are we not seeing him at rally or commercials during an NFL game? Does he plan to run for an office? If these players who have the time and money were serious about this cause something would get done. We all know that is not going to happen because america knows they are just football players NOT heroes.

I do not believe this is a 1st. amendment issue. I do believe this is a disrespecting the Country, Flag, Veterans, and employer issue.

You can call it what you want, but fact remains there other contributing factors in the drop of NFL ratings as predicted by some before some NFL players began protesting. It also doesn't help that the former CEO of Papa John's has publicly given the impression that he treats his employees like dog crap and has a crappy product as well. Publicly laying his pizza sale woes solely at the feet of protesting NFL players was not well thought out.

This kneeling crap has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. It has everything to do with the players believing that the police are against them. Started by black players and some non black players got on board to show they were "team players". I'm sure there was intimidation of non white players by black players.

The players who kneel during the National Anthem are showing their cards as to who they really are. The NFL (National Felony League) will never be on our TVs again. They have burnt their bridge and hopefully their salaries will be reduced drastically. Nothing more than overpaid, low IQ, racist cry babies who believe that the world looks up to them as heroes.

John Haus, you Sir are entitled to your opinion, even if it makes you sound silly and ignorant.

Kneeling during the National Anthem is not a 1st Amendment constitutionally protected practice.
The 1st Amendment protects against government intrusion into free speech.
36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem
prev | next
(a)Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1)when the flag is displayed—
(A)
individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B)
members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C)
all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2)
when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem
prev | next
(a)Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1)when the flag is displayed—
(A)
individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B)
members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C)
all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2)
when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

What’s your point? These are guidelines, not laws. The key word in the bold lettering is “should”. It doesn’t say “must” nor does it mention there are any penalties for failing to show respect for the National Anthem.

From another site: "It is a law, as it is part of the US Code, but there are no penalties listed as part of the statute, so there are no criminal implications to not following the statute."
And as above, it says should, not must.
You guys have a great country and one of the strongest pillars of it is free speech. As strange as it sounds, the constitution fights just as hard for the right for someone to burn a flag as it does to fly it.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

John Haus, you Sir are entitled to your opinion, even if it makes you sound silly and ignorant.
.Some of us agree in principal or totally with John Haus and feel your the one who sounds silly, ignorant and disrespectful. I'm guessing you never served your country in a war zone or sacrificed so your family could be safe and gave a deep breath of thanks when coming back from a patrol you crest a hill and see the flag waving on the pole. If I'm wrong I apologize and thank you, If I'm right then who are you to talk about respect for God and Country?

You guys understand the First Amendment has nothing to do with what non-government entities can or can't do right? It just means the Federal government can't impinge on your speech, it doesn't have anything to do with what an employer can or can't do.

(sorry a pet peeve of mine; the Feds can't throw you in jail for your speech, but you can definitely be fired for it.)

So since some of you want to be so technical and legal about this.

Are you going to go up into the stands and take all of those people who's hand is not over their heart to jail also?

Stan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back