P/S EFI - you can bet NHRA will be watching this (1 Viewer)

Chris, keep us posted on it. Sounds great!! Best of luck.

Just thought I'd follow up on this. We finally got the engine on the dyno this past week. The thing is amazing. A conventional headed (not big chief) 572ci engine and we made 1034hp with 832ft/lbs of torque. The curves are amazingly smooth, it makes over 1000hp from 6800rpm all the way up to 8000rpm, and makes over 750ft/lbs from 4900rpm on up. It starts and idles like a street car (no throttle, just hit the switch) even when cold.

I can't wait to get it in the car. We're predicting ~182mph in SC trim and 7.30s in TD trim. Fun times!

If they do go to EFI in P/S, I think they should have the option of running the carbs or EFI. I think some people might be surprised at the outcome.

Every component we are using is on the NHRA approved items lists. Checked and rechecked. So while I expect to get hard looks, I plan to have the necessary documentation to support the legality of the setup.

Expect some looks anyway..

My buddy took his 10.5W to Lebanon Valley for tech/cert and some test and tune a few years back. EFI, Air to Water inter-cooler, ProCharger, the whole 9.

The track tech guy actually said to the other officials there.. "What the hell am I supposed to do with this!?"

I need to see some pictures of the setup - sounds badass..

Will have more when I get the car complete, but here's a sneak peek:

Stacks.jpg

For scale, each one of the intakes is 3" in diameter. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back