Open House at Brownsburg on 500 weekend? (1 Viewer)

BF

Nitro Member
Has anybody heard if there will be an open house again at the shops in Brownsburg on the weekend of the INDY 500?

Has anybody heard if there will be an open house again at the shops in Brownsburg on the weekend of the INDY 500?

Barry - Talked to DSR last week. At that point, they had no plans for Saturday open house. I'll try to call Kelly at JFR and see what is going on there. We'll be in Indy Tues - Mon and are planning to hit Brownsburg on Thursday to see if we can talk our way into any of the shops.
Assume you'll have your usual Tower Terrace seats - if you want to hook up Sunday morning at the Speedway, send me a PM!

Makes you wonder how many 500 fans have ever seen a Drag car???

Judging by the T-shirts I've seen there since they started this, I'd say quite a few. Sounds like it is going to be way smaller than it has been. Last year people were asked to fill out forms, I'm guessing to see if it was worth continuing. Obviously, many think it's not worth it. It's a good way to pass the day waiting for The Night Before the 500 to start.

Last edited:
You have to take in to consideration that the teams are coming off a two race back to back trip and only have that one week to get ready for a four race back to back trip. They may just not have the time to deal with an open house.

You have to take in to consideration that the teams are coming off a two race back to back trip and only have that one week to get ready for a four race back to back trip. They may just not have the time to deal with an open house.

I think you nailed that one.

The schedule is pretty close to the last couple of years. Topeka the week after last year, Chicago this. I heard this could happen last year because they were expecting more of a crowd than they were getting. I guess the questionaires we filled out had a bit to do with it.

The schedule is pretty close to the last couple of years. Topeka the week after last year, Chicago this. I heard this could happen last year because they were expecting more of a crowd than they were getting. I guess the questionaires we filled out had a bit to do with it.
Barry the difference is that they moved Bristol back to back with Norwalk and that makes six races in seven weeks and the only week off is the week in question for open houses. But you may be right, and it might be because of small crowds last year. Either way, you are right that there are not many teams participating in the open houses.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back