only 2 wide???? (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

big guy

Nitro Member
I am wathcing the live feed and it looks like they are only preping 2 lanes.What gives?I thaught Bruton got his way for 4 wide.

I am wathcing the live feed and it looks like they are only preping 2 lanes.What gives?I thaught Bruton got his way for 4 wide.
There were many announcements in pre season about this. 4 wide at the Spring race only. Same applies next year.

4 wide would really suck to watch, and even worse to race. I hope I never have to do either.

4 wide would really suck to watch, and even worse to race. I hope I never have to do either.

ahh the voice of inexperience....there were way more people at the 4-wide race than there were here this time, and a lot of the people that were at the 4-wide race said they came because they had to see it

what a bunch of whiners

So far, bruton has only managed to ruin ONE of the two Charlotte races. Give him a little time..........

The commercials in the CLT area over the last month advertised "It's Good Ol' Racing, the way it was meant to be".

In other words, the copy was written in the commercial to purposely let the less than diehard fan in the Charlotte area know that it wouldn't be the 4 WIDE fiasco again.

Sunday was such a different feel than the spring 4 Wide.

The stands here are about half full, talk is people didn't show because they thought they had to watch 4-wide again

I was just the opposite. I was going to go up until Tuesday of last week, when I found out it wasn't 4-wide. I don't like the idea of it, but we were going to go to experience it.

ahh the voice of inexperience....there were way more people at the 4-wide race than there were here this time, and a lot of the people that were at the 4-wide race said they came because they had to see it

what a bunch of whiners

INEXPERIENCE ? What the f*%$ are you talking about? I have been involved in racing since 1978. I realise there are plenty who have been around a LOT longer, but 32 years is a while. I still do and always will HATE 4 wide.

INEXPERIENCE ? What the f*%$ are you talking about? I have been involved in racing since 1978. I realise there are plenty who have been around a LOT longer, but 32 years is a while. I still do and always will HATE 4 wide.

When's the last time you were at a 4-wide race? How can you possibly make a judgment about participating or watching it without doing so? That's what the "f*%$" i am talking about

and it's realize

I can make a judgement about 4 wide without going to one. Simple, One winner and one looser = 2 cars. As it has been and should be. Just my opinion.

what a bunch of whiners

I was told (by VERY reliable sources) at the starting line, that many people didn't show up OR bother to buy tickets BECAUSE they thought they were going to have to watch 4-wide again.. An that's the reason for low attendance.... from my stand point (and experience) 4-wide is a pain in the ass

i have a lot of friends in charlotte who went to zmax on saturday, but didn't go sunday because the panthers were playing at home on sunday. from what i could see in the pits and then out by the starting line on saturday, there were a lot of people there.

......who went to zmax on saturday, but didn't go sunday because the panthers were playing at home on sunday..........

this, in a nutshell, is exactly why nhra's playoff system IMO fails as a method
to attract more fans to live events; it may increase tv ratings, i don't know
or have data to conclude.

drag racing on saturday, nfl on sunday - the average fan wants to be entertained; they do not care who wins or loses or how many points they have.
the average fan may want to know at end of year who won the points races
in nhra, irl and nascar, but on a race to race basis, the playoff aspect is NOT
why he or she buys a ticket and spectates a drag race.
as an nhra fan myself, i could care less who wins irl or nascar

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back