Old Gasser's link (1 Viewer)

Oh my..that is sweet. Now I have 2 fav gasser sights.

gassermadness.com & that one.

Classic Jean..thanks.

Whoa..after further review..the guy is a modeler..and all those pics are his reference photos..whew.

He's pretty good, too.

LOTS OF MODELS

Oh my..that is sweet. Now I have 2 fav gasser sights.
gassermadness.com & that one.
Classic Jean..thanks.
Whoa..after further review..the guy is a modeler..and all those pics are his reference photos..whew.
He's pretty good, too.
LOTS OF MODELS

Yup, lots of cool stuff. Sorry I didn't mention the model stuff. You can also click on names on his friends list for more stuff.:D

Thanks everyone, thought you'd like it.:)

Gassers

In 1999 I went to the Mid America Gasser Gathering. I had just finished my 41Willys. I had never seen so many Willys, Henry Js, Anglias, and Hilmans. I met some great folks from all over the states.

That's awesome, Tom. That is my favorite era..AA/GS..basically the beginning of what we're seeing now.

Mr.Jean..I mean Jean Muntifering..has great pics..lived the life and has a great story to tell..it's here..and he'll lead you to it if you so desire.

Thanks again Jean for posting that site.

David,

David, thanks for the info.

I grew up in the San Francisco area during the early 60s racing on the streets every weekend. There was some very serious racing for money and pinks. I was to young to have a car. Started working on rods when I was 13. So I was a ride along. Just on my block, there were three 56 Corvettes, a 32 “5” window coupe, and a Top Fuel car across the street.

There was a new commercial complex down the street and they had 1 mile flat street with no buildings on or around at the time. The guys with the fuel car would do test burnouts on the street. The guy made a living producing aluminum rods. Didn’t know who he was. You might say that we test and tuned on the street. No cops ever came around.

My first encounter with a Gasser, was a street race on the Great Highway very close to the ocean in San Francisco. The racers closed off that section and ran late at night. Some guy that lived just off the highway rolled out a 51 Chevy that was nose up with slicks and straight headers. That was amazing!

Starting going to Half-moon bay drag strip at 15. That was the first time that I saw Mazmanins Corvette. Later, I saw him with his Willys at Vaca Valley dragway. Beautiful car! Never forgot it.

Built my own and sold the Willys 2 years ago to build a Nostalgia car. I just can’t stay away from Nitro cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back