Not the way you want to start the year. (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
Happened just 8 Miles from Pomona on the freeway. Jeff Lane's rig. The C3 Corvette had some sort of battery short and caught fire. It was parked on the lower level. They said there were two comp cars on the upper level. Heaving fire damage to the downstairs area. Fire department put it out on the side of the road. Corvette seen parked at the end of the pit is junk. The interior and dash are totally burnt. The two comp cars kook like they are repairable. I doubt they can have them ready for the weekend. I was told the windows were frosted over from heat.

1518053635784.png

1518053669565.png

1518053700780.png

1518053728271.png

1518053753249.png

Looks like it's this car upstairs:

1518053799346.png

I would never wish a fire on anybody, but the worst thing regarding salvaging things from a fire is that it seems that anything steel after a fire just rusts instantly. Stuff you think wasn't badly damaged just winds up junk.

Costs less than 1% of total value insured to have all of that stuff insured outside of the gates of a racetrack.

Call Don Kennedy! He is a long time Super Stock racer and provides great service to the racers.

A "Good Guy"!

Don Kennedy
480-969-7770
Office in Mesa, AZ

I would have picked this team to win Pomona. These guys are heavy hitters. I hope they get back on their feet soon.

Dry air starts fires WAY better than humid air .... even triple axle air ride trailers feel bumpy roads .... a little heat, sealed up trailer with vented fuel tank (in comparison to street cars of today), its a pretty tough scenario

and you hear about a number of fires with the fancier race batteries on chargers ... there is a reason large lithium batteries are not allowed on airplanes .... lots of chances for stuff to go wrong

When buying insurance the agent may make you feel good, but the underwriter is who you are betting on when bad stuff happens. Racensur (ex pro mod Mel Eaves) uses The Travelers ... just like you buy the best fuel for your expensive street cars, you get the best underwriter for your expensive assets

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back