Norwalk friday and saturday attendance (1 Viewer)

nitrobobby

Nitro Member
We were there friday - 50 % of the west grandstands were empty. -pit side was full. it looks like on saturday on espn - it was a full house . the weather was great- 85 degrees with nice breeze off the lake . people also had friday free passes from last years water issue

We were there friday - 50 % of the west grandstands were empty. -pit side was full. it looks like on saturday on espn - it was a full house . the weather was great- 85 degrees with nice breeze off the lake . people also had friday free passes from last years water issue

That was the fewest people I have ever seen there on a Friday and the pit side, while it appeared to be full, was not. There were open seats in just about every row. Just not as empty as the west side.

Hardly anything to do with it........ Check CNN Money if you want to know the reason why for the decline if recreational spending. It is not just Drag Racing.

It was my first 1000ft race and I didn't see what all the stink is about. I really didn't notice except on the scoreboards.

It was my first 1000ft race and I didn't see what all the stink is about. I really didn't notice except on the scoreboards.

Mine too. I actually could tell but I can live with it if that's the way it has to be. I'm already making plans for the entire event next year. Had a GREAT time at Norwalk.

I think it killed the entire Rustbelt! Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, I think got killed by the Recession!

And those that are left will be killed by Cap and Trade. Will the last resident left turn the lights out on your way out? Ooops, they may already be out.

For me it was a combination of all the above. After my wife and I both burned a vacation day and we spent a couple hundred bucks last year to watch them work on a wet track all day, I was reluctant to do the same this year, even with 'free' tickets.

Add to that 1000' fuel classes, Harleys with twice as many valves as they need, and the questionable PSM title (dive job) last year. Finally, as I watched the economy crashing last Fall, I decided to ask Norwalk for refunds instead of 2009 tickets.

It turned out to be a good move, as my wife was laid off last month, shortly after I was informed that my job was headed to India without me by Summer's end. It ain't easy around here right now. :mad:

I was at the track all four days and thought this was the largest crowd I've seen there. I also thought the crowd was much bigger than the Vegas or Bristol races this year and was about the same size as Atlanta.
DSC07187.JPG

Attachments

• crowd.jpg
    crowd.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Maybe they were saving it for raceday. I was there on Sunday and you couldn't find a seat and it was 3 deep at the fence, at least where I was, west grandstand at the tree. I thought I was going to get crushed when the rain showers hit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back