No Comp, but we get Snowmobiles. (1 Viewer)

Mr. Jean

Nitro Member
This is at an NHRA event, so I'll post it here too. We don't get any Comp Eliminator, but here's a nice tight field of racing. :rolleyes: Only 1.606 spread. I'm sure there's a big demand for this at a National event.;) I know their racer's and I don't mean to disrespect them, but come on. Am I the only one, that can live without these at a NHRA National event?

1 371 Bryan Bellman, Bremen IN, '03 Ski Doo 8.681 145.97 145.99
2 303 Jamie Bellman, Bremen IN, '03 Ski Doo 8.802 145.80 145.80
3 3944 Edwin Wirbel, Midland MI, '02 Ski Doo 8.810 142.61 144.81
4 5802 Ron Bray, Anoka MN, '02 Ski Doo 8.824 146.56 146.62
5 533 Darrin Weber, Anoka MN, '05 Edge 8.938 144.03 144.03
6 3888 Ted Wiegel, Corunna MI, '00 Ski Doo 8.951 140.88 141.33
7 564 Danny Blackfelner, Minneapolis MN, '06 Polaris 9.118 140.39 141.56
8 387 Richard Stumpf, Almont MI, '03 Ski Doo 10.287 119.27 119.27

I'm with you Jean,.... I just don't get it. Leaves me scratching my head like a lot of NHRA's other decisions do.

I can see the NHRA possibly sponsoring an event for snowmobiles in northern regions in the winter. But at other times of the year? Give me a break...

Gee guys, give the NHRA a break. Maybe next we'll see some of those 4 and 5 engine tractors race at Indy. :rolleyes:

Not to take away from the excitement of multi-engine tractors, but I think Top Fuel ATV's are the wave of the future.

Last edited:
OK, I understand you's guys opinions, but look at the location. This is Minnesota. The Artic Cat plant is based in Thief River Falls. There's one of these things in just about every other garage up here. I DO NOT exaggerate on that. Drive through neighborhoods up here and you see them parked everywhere in the winter. Right now, I can go out to my back deck, and see 4 of them from there in neighbor's yards. That's why they run them here. I notice all you who are complaining about them are from states where they're probably pretty rare, like Nevada & Texas. How many sleds down there guys?

Now, having said all that, I agree with you guys. They've been running these things up here at this race since darn near the first one back in '81. I don't own one, never will. Personally, I'd prefer to see the pro-mods or fuel bikes. But believe it or nuts, most of the people who go to this race like to see them.

Anyone ever see those ATV's that the Safety Safari use to tow cars off the track at the far end??? I think thier may be a connection... They have been running those snow-blowers there for years anyhow... What's the big??? And someone is selling a Jet powered ATV on racingjunk.com I believe... REALLY!!

Yup David, your probably right about Texas, but here in the Reno/Tahoe area, we have snow and snowmobiles.:D I can be doing that or be on the ski slopes in an hour.:D I do see your point though. If it's so popular there, I'm sure they have their own races too. :cool:

You guys are all nuts... I want "IMPORTS" you can't beat the fun of seeing a margin of victory of 3 sec...:D I find it soooo "Exciting" when one of em puts a rod through the side of a block, & the "Knowledgeable" driver just coasts down the middle of the lane right past the finish liine... Then we get to see the Safety Safari do their thing..for the FULL length of the track...

I would rather watch fast snowmobiles racing heads up, than anything that runs on some kind of record or index. At least these guys are really drag racing.

Jay

Racing index or records is still drag racing, just a different style. Nothing wrong with someone racing on a budget still having a chance to compete. If there wasn't you know there would be some big money guys blowing up every class in the sport.

I have a Niece that has lived in Minnesoooooota for 4 years now. And she's become a lake hound, jet-ski you name it. I doubt she has a snowmobile though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back