Nitro Harley Story Lines (1 Viewer)

I was so disappointed when Tak's bike wouldn't start for the final qualifying session - that was a five second session if ever there was one!

They all seemed to pick up today, except Tak. I'm trying to think if a Japanese rider has won this class before. I know bikes are really big in Japan.

I’ve not watched top fuel bikes run since I was at Indy in ‘79, when Ernie Rife was killed.
With the quick turnaround yesterday, my wife and I stayed in the stands and watched them during the Gators’ eliminations. Dang, those guys must carry their cajones in milk buckets.
Carrying the front end almost to the lights is something that has to be personally witnessed.
When Jacob Stordeur’s bike blew up near the lights, it literally sounded like a bomb going off from where we were at about the 400 foot mark. I know they wear ballistic chest protection. But I have to wonder if they also have any protection for their, um, package.

Those bikes are a handfull, check them out in slo-mo and pay attention to the front wheel, almost never straight until touchdown.
When Jay Turner gets his figured out , LOOK OUT!
Tak/DJ when they quit breaking parts same thing.
There is another blown bike that runs well but has limited resources to run the full circuit, look for Jason Pridmore at Norwalk and Indy.
He qualified 3rd last year at Indy and then the rumors started flying if "they" were going to ban the supercharged bikes.
There is at least one being built that has not been out yet, it is a two year deal building one of these monsters.

All of these bikes are capable of low 6 second runs.

Ted K. you are correct with the cylinder pressures these guys run, it IS a bomb waiting to happen, if a valve hangs a little look for a flash.
They have ballistic belts around the heads to try to hold the parts in, if such an occurrence does happen.
Enjoy !!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back