Nitro funny car operation stolen last night (1 Viewer)

Shaggy

Nitro Member
Mike Halstead driver of the bomb squad funny car posted this on another board i visit

Quote:
Please keep your eyes open for a white chevy 3500 pickup with a 32 foot tag trailer. Donnie Watkins got home after just finnishing up his license this weekend in Bakersfield and when he woke up this morning to unload the car. Everything was gone. This was stolen in Corona ca off River road and Corydon. The car is a brand new Victory car with a Black Arrow body. The police are on it now. Thanks
Here is the car

Steven Bunker Photography | SmugMug

and a link to the post

http://classicfunnycarboard.com/CFB/...8043.msg241146

The truck is a white Chevy 3500 Duramax Diesel Pickup license #8H90356 with a 32-foot TEBT trailer tag license #1U85869, light color wooden cabinets inside.

Sure hope they find everything in one piece. He probably had every nickel he has wrapped up in the rig and car. Best of luck.

84176945.jpg

Thats very unfortunate but I'm trusting he'll get it back. Sometimes I get home to late to secure my trailer as it's too dark to back it in so I make sure and unhook and raise the trailer just a little bit so nobody can drive off with it. You just can't be to careful these days.

Thats very unfortunate but I'm trusting he'll get it back. Sometimes I get home to late to secure my trailer as it's too dark to back it in so I make sure and unhook and raise the trailer just a little bit so nobody can drive off with it. You just can't be to careful these days.

I dont even like leaving our's in the hotel lot!

If I was a thief in this modern, interconnected world of Facebook, texting, twitter, message boards etc., the LAST thing I would steal is someone's race car. Especially a nitro funny car. How is the thief going to sell it? The racing community is very, very small and there is not exactly a secondary market for nitro parts.

Hopefully the thief realizes what a mistake he made and he will just park the rig and walk away and they will get their truck/trailer and race car back minus a few parts and tools (that would be the easiest stuff for the thief to sell). The thief had better also hope he is caught by the police and not a member of the crew.

This should also serve as a great reminder to all you racers out there, there are GPS locator devices that can be installed for less than $500, and they will probably save you money on your insurance too.

If I was a thief in this modern, interconnected world of Facebook, texting, twitter, message boards etc., the LAST thing I would steal is someone's race car. Especially a nitro funny car. How is the thief going to sell it? The racing community is very, very small and there is not exactly a secondary market for nitro parts.

Hopefully the thief realizes what a mistake he made and he will just park the rig and walk away and they will get their truck/trailer and race car back minus a few parts and tools (that would be the easiest stuff for the thief to sell). The thief had better also hope he is caught by the police and not a member of the crew.

This should also serve as a great reminder to all you racers out there, there are GPS locator devices that can be installed for less than $500, and they will probably save you money on your insurance too.

Yea i agree it is stupid cause you can't really sell the parts, you for sure can't race it, it's a known car. You can't boost that kinda stuff.

Bump for exposure.

Extra line on the cell phone plan $9.99 a month gps enabled free cheapo phone wired (hidden) into trailer on the charger and a free program you can track it. $120 per year.

Got the car back. It was a few blocks from Brad Andersons. The only thing missing was the truck, Fire suit and the generator. Thank god. Gaynor and Donnie is hooking up to the trailer right now. Donnie wants me to thank everyone for there help and support.

Recently Posted by Mike Halstead....

Bump for exposure.

Extra line on the cell phone plan $9.99 a month gps enabled free cheapo phone wired (hidden) into trailer on the charger and a free program you can track it. $120 per year.

That's a great idea. $120 bucks a year is chump change compared to losing a whole investment.

As far as the a-hole who did this, I hope he gets caught. :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back