Nitro 1/8th Mile (1 Viewer)

The 1/8 mile stuff is a lot of fun. It does a couple things. First, it tightens up the pack.. a LOT. Some of the teams that can't or won't run the last half of the track on wreck don't have to worry about getting out run because of the shorter distance. It's great racing and with the pro mod cars there too the track conditions are unreal. Also the converter cars are right in the thick of things in 1/8. The converters slip more than a clutch so they tend to be down in MPH at the 1/4. We all saw what Kyle Smith did at the big Chaos race at the Motorplex.

We are actually running a Mid West Drag Racing Series race this weekend in Tulsa. It's the "Throw down in T Town". And gang... spectator tickets are FREE!!! Check it out at the link below.

https://www.tulsaracewaypark.com/schedule/2021/throwdown-spring/

Come check out some wild stuff!!

Justin, I don't think NHRA will ever run 1/8 mile. The whole idea of current 1/8 mile racing is more to have fun & race, while not spending as much $$ as Big Show cars. The Dallas race was a good show & gave people side by side racing w/ lots of upsets, like the final round. I think this type of racing will stay around as a niche type of racing, like 1/8 mile Pro Mod races.

Sean, hope you do well at Tulsa. Looking at the flyer and 16 cars TA/FC. Wow.... That would be a great show to watch.

Kinda glad he shut it off. I don't think Irwindale has enough shut off area for 290 plus. Del did a race at Barona & they ran 330' Had fuel altereds & funny cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back