NHRA women (1 Viewer)

staggerlee

Nitro Member
I respect the women in the sport as qualified competitors,and understand NHRA is really marketing them hard,... but I read a blurb in National Dragster recently that just don't seem right. "Pro stock ace Erica Enders..." I would think that would be reserved for some one who has won a minimum of one pro stock title.just ain't right.

Is this just the start of an Erica bashing, Michael?

What did the article say?

I can see this one going nowhere fast.

a ton of people stuck up for angelle after i said something,( no one can say anything bad about team $humacher on here) thats cool, but i will be the first one to stick up for erica! shes a classy young girl and shes trying so hard, i think shes doing a great job so far. that team hopefully will go rounds and win in the near future. go team EE !

a ton of people stuck up for angelle after i said something,( no one can say anything bad about team $humacher on here) thats cool, but i will be the first one to stick up for erica! shes a classy young girl and shes trying so hard, i think shes doing a great job so far. that team hopefully will go rounds and win in the near future. go team EE !

I agree.... but an ACE???

I'd say that if the term "ace" is actually a misuse of the word (and I don't know whether in fact that is the case) then the fault lies with the writer not with Erica Enders.

maybe it's suffice it to say that Ace shouldn't be used in drag racing unless we are talking about the original ace Ed McCulloch

Having met Erica on a number of occasions, I can say that she is a sweetheart and a great driver who deserves to win.

Whether the word "Ace" was misused or not is irrelevant to me. She's consistently solid on the tree, and when you see her with the in-car camera shots, she has very good physical control while performing all the different actions while going down the track. Not a bunch of gyrations, just solid execution. Reminds me a lot like Jeggie, who I believe has the most complete package in Pro Stock. Like her or not, this kid's got game.

Besides, the fact that she has yet to strike paydirt has very little to do with anything she's doing.

Sean D

Hey folks - Check out the May issue of Mopar Collector's Guide to read the feature on Deanna Stevens and her ProMod Roadrunner. 7.70's with no nitrous and a 2 speed powerglide.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back