NHRA TV Ratings & Attendance Historical Data (1 Viewer)

Hated the Chase when NASCAR started it, hated the Countdown worse when the NHRA followed suit with NASCAR. Went from 2-4 races a year pre-C'down, went to one race since the advent of 1000' racing. I did not go to a NHRA race this year for the first time since 1984. What's that, 27 years or so? It had nothing to do with money or the heat at Ennis. I sure miss that race, it used to be great. I missed Baytown this year for the first time ever this past spring.

figure is a sunday total - the advertised 4 day totals back then were 100k+; nhra nat. events used to be overflowing and BIR was no exception.

I wonder where they fit all those people, 40k is enough to fill the Joliet stands full, and that place sure doesn't have that type of seating.

I wonder where they fit all those people, 40k is enough to fill the Joliet stands full, and that place sure doesn't have that type of seating.

brainerd has a few seats; back then standing room only was plentiful on
both sides of track, near starting line and far end....not so anymore.

Is Bill Doner still alive?

He can tell the facts, I'm sure, about published attendance figures @ drag races and how many were actually in the seats - and how many of them paid!

Dave Smith @ Sacramento knows how it goes.

(Just funnin' - we know the published figures are gospel).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back