NHRA - Team Kalitta Gainesville Qualifying Report (1 Viewer)

Team Kalitta Gainesville Qualifying Report

THE RESULTS:
Doug Kalitta – Driver of the Mac Tools Top Fuel Dragster
Q1: 4.841 ET at 149.90 MPH
Q2: 3.801 ET at 325.85 MPH (Earns three bonus points for best pass of the session.)
Q3: 5.588 ET at 124.94 MPH
Q4: 3.779 ET at 326.32 MPH (Earns three bonus points for best pass of the session.)

Qualifies: 1st (Doug's 33rd No. 1 qualifier and second consecutive this season)

David Grubnic – Driver of the Optima Batteries/Advance Auto Parts Top Fuel Dragster
Q1: 9.207 ET at 071.46 MPH
Q2: 3.862 ET at 318.69 MPH
Q3: 3.867 ET at 319.45 MPH
Q4: 3.848 ET at 317.27 MPH

Qualifies: 11th

Del Worsham: Driver of the DHL Toyota Camry Funny Car
Q1: 4.191 ET at 296.31 MPH
Q2: 4.110 ET at 309.98 MPH (Earns one bonus point for third best pass of the session.)
Q3: 7.176 ET at 089.83 MPH
Q4: 4.105 ET at 305.49 MPH (Earns two bonus points for second best pass of the session.)

Qualifies: 5th

Alexis DeJoria: Driver of the Tequila Patron Toyota Camry Funny Car
Q1: 4.121 ET at 306.53 MPH (Earns two bonus points for second best pass of the session.)
Q2: 5.422 ET at 130.96 MPH
Q3: 5.542 ET at 130.73 MPH
Q4: 4.595 ET at 178.95 MPH

Qualifies: 10th

THE COMPETITION:
Top Fuel:
1) Doug Kalitta vs. 16) Leah Pruett
11) David Grubnic vs. 6) Spencer Massey
Funny Car:
5) Del Worsham vs. 12) Tim Wilkerson
10) Alexis DeJoria vs. 7) Blake Alexander

QUOTABLES:
Doug Kalitta, driver of the Mac Tools Top Fuel Dragster:
“I was so happy to stay number one. Obviously with Antron (Brown) able to get around us there at the last second, then we were able to get back around him. He was down there high fiving everyone, and so it was kind of nice that we were able to take it away from him. The Mac Tools guests that are here were pretty happy about it as well! Looking forward to tomorrow; Jim and all the guys have made some good calls thus far with my car and its running good. I am hoping for a good day tomorrow.”

David Grubnic, driver of the Optima Batteries/Advance Auto Parts Top Fuel Dragster:
“Not exactly the weekend we were hoping for; we fought a couple gremlins there. We managed to get the Optima Batteries/Advance Auto Parts dragster sorted out, there is still plenty left in it and hopefully we will unleash it tomorrow.”

Del Worsham, driver of the DHL Toyota Camry Funny Car:
“That was another great qualifying effort by the crew of my DHL Toyota Camry Funny Car team. However, just like the first two races it comes down to Sunday, so we will see what we have for raceday. So far qualifying looks great we just have to get over that round one hump.”

Alexis DeJoria, driver of the Tequila Patron Toyota Camry Funny Car:
“Our first run of the weekend was great. We started off with a nice 4.12 that landed us in the No. 2 spot after the first round of qualifying. During the second session, we went out and everything seemed pretty good and then it [the car] just nosed over. I let off of it and tried to get the car stopped as fast as possible. I saw a lot of smoke and then felt fire inside the cockpit so I jumped out quickly. There was a big blaze of fire and we ended up blowing the motor. My guys worked tirelessly last night to replace the motor and get the car turned around. Today’s first run [Q3] was off to somewhat of a good start, and then again, it started to eat itself up so I shut it off early, and we ended up going through another motor. On our last qualifying run, we just wanted to make sure everything was good and the engine was doing what it needed to, so they told me to go to the 330-ft mark and shut the car off. Sure enough, we were looking to be on a good run, so the car seems to be doing what it needs to do and I feel good going into raceday tomorrow.”

###

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back