NHRA reveals new series logo (1 Viewer)

NHRA seems to be doing a bang up job of changing stuff that doesn't fix what the problems were

1- make Pro stock more squirrelly and expensive
2- get rid of well liked TV personalities
3- nothing about a return to 1320 even discussed
4- changing logos and make them even more vague
5- insert your beef here......

They're running 330+mph at 1000ft., including FCs, so 1320 is out of the question without literally creating a new fuel class. The owners, CCs. and drivers don't seem to want it, I think that ship has sailed.

I'm not here to bash NHRA but IMO that logo is not attractive nor appealing. They should be attempting to attract the younger generation and that isn't going to do it. Could have taken an iPhone 6s and added 8 header pipes and it would have been better.

They're running 330+mph at 1000ft., including FCs, so 1320 is out of the question without literally creating a new fuel class. The owners, CCs. and drivers don't seem to want it, I think that ship has sailed.

Unfortunately you are probably right. But that doesnt mean every fan/spectator has to like 1000ft..... and they're the ones who buy (or don't buy) tickets.

I'm not here to bash NHRA but IMO that logo is not attractive nor appealing. They should be attempting to attract the younger generation and that isn't going to do it. Could have taken an iPhone 6s and added 8 header pipes and it would have been better.

Back when I was growing up, we were always told... "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". So in that case, I will just keep my mouth shut about the new logo design. Lol

I was surprised and disappointed. It was a very generic and bland logo. The old one was pretty good. The lettering on this one is fine but the framing in that stick figure engine thing doesn't work.

Oh well, I don't come for the logo anyway

my nhra / my mello yello / my nhra mello yello drag racing series.....aesthetics aside, i get the idea and how nhra will try to use these phrases and tie them to social media to attract a younger ticket buyer / tv viewer......have a feeling these phrases will be replacing the 'go on yellow' tagline.....nhra is not standing still on this; trying something new in conjunction with mello yello.
hope they see good results.

NHRA seems to be doing a bang up job of changing stuff that doesn't fix what the problems were

1- make Pro stock more squirrelly and expensive
2- get rid of well liked TV personalities
3- nothing about a return to 1320 even discussed
4- changing logos and make them even more vague
5- insert your beef here......
You seriously think NHRA just randomly decided to change the logo ??

Wouldn't you honestly think this would come from the guy footing the bill ... Coca Cola Company?

Its amazing how far people will go to find reason to flame NHRA. If your sponsor says stand on your head and spit wooden nickels, that's what you do. At least that's what I would do.

I guess it is nice but I don't think it is interesting. If I didn't know what NHRA stood for, I would have no clue (thinking about the newbies out there). Would this attract them and spark their interest in learning about the sport?

The Mongoose and Snake movie was on Encore last week. Loved the action scenes. They used the real stuff from TV so that part was realistic.

I kinda like the new logo. IMHO it's kinda edgy which (last I knew) was popular with the younger crowd.

I guess it is nice but I don't think it is interesting. If I didn't know what NHRA stood for, I would have no clue (thinking about the newbies out there). Would this attract them and spark their interest in learning about the sport?

The Mongoose and Snake movie was on Encore last week. Loved the action scenes. They used the real stuff from TV so that part was realistic.
Saw that too ... didn't like the dubbed in cartoon like sounds of squealing tires though. Sounds like the old Batman TV show.

Did love the action shots though

Both the old and new logo only contain the NHRA oval logo ... no mention of National Hot Rod Association. So nothing has really changed here. Remember this is a series logo, not the company logo.

There was no questioning this one...

Vintage-Winston-Drag-Racing-Sticker-Decal-1970s-NHRA.jpg

Speaking as a long time graphic arts teacher. This logo is a failed attempt to deliver your message. Go back a try it again Mr. Darcy.
Likely a Coke employee in marketing designed this and it was approved by the corporation and accepted by NHRA. Probably not something Gary Darcy had a say in whatsoever.

will agree with jim and howard, this is coca-cola with a new image for mello yello......IMO i don't think the logo is real strong either, but in it's simplicity it gets the point across and ties the two brands together; it is edgy and probably appeals to youth more than fossils. paul's comparison to 'transformers/bumble bee' is a good one, one that mite just end up doing what both companies hope for. IMO the vertical rectangle shape should have slight radius corners with a round cell phone 'on' button center bottom.....it actually could easily still be added, tie the beverage and extreme sport to a personal device.....i mite not like it, but the kids walking around with their noses in their phones mite.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back