NHRA NEWEST DUMB DECISION (1 Viewer)

Age rules really do not work. To say all five year olds can not do something is stupid. My Granddaughter wanted to play softball, rules said she was to young, she went and played hardball with the boys. Same at the other end, Pilots shown the door at 60, truck drivers at 65 at some companys. Age discrimination is never good anywhere.

I will agree it's not for everyone. Like what has been mentioned, I don't think just because some 5 year olds might not be ready, it's not right to just say that all 5 yr olds aren't ready, especially when the other forms of motorsport have had 5 year olds for a while. I had a Yamaha 50 and a 5 hp briggs go cart at that age.

I think the key is the kid wanting to do it, not being pushed into it because that's what the parents want or because that's what big brother or sister does. Two even if the kid does want to do it, they have to be ready.

I saw where the minimum ET is going to be 20 seconds.

Dang it. I just spent $29 for a pair of those at Turner's when I picked up my new Ruger 9 mm.

I've been involved with jr dragsters in some way for the last 15 years, I've seen 8 year olds take to driving a jr like a fish take to water to a 13 year old who thought he wanted to get into jr's but the first time he sat in the car, and fired the engine up with car on a stand (his parents weren't sure if he was capable of racing/driving), started screaming to shut it off, got out of the car never to want to get into one ever again. Any kids parent's (if they are good parents) should know what their kid(s) are capable of being able to do. A lot of jr racers when they age out go into a "lowly" bracket car of some sort, and do quite well. With the few current pro racers that were former jr racers, most still had to bring some kind of $$ with them to get that pro ride.

Really? don't the stock ones run 14-15's? How they gonna slow them down?

There's a spec Briggs and Stratton motor out now, Joe, that is factory sealed and set up for the new kids. It's more or less a training engine to allow the 5 year olds to learn how to drive the cars without achieving speeds that could be a problem for that age group. The 6 and 7 year olds are restricted to a 13.90 1/8th mile ET, followed by 8-12 jumping up to 11.90, which should involve the aftermarket motor packages (for now).

http://www.nhra.com/userfiles/file/...cing League Rulebook Amendments 6-12-2014.pdf

Martin; ( The 6 and 7 year olds are restricted to a 13.90 1/8th mile ET, followed by 8-12 jumping up to 11.90 ).
What kind of MPH are these kids running?

There's a spec Briggs and Stratton motor out now, Joe, that is factory sealed and set up for the new kids. It's more or less a training engine to allow the 5 year olds to learn how to drive the cars without achieving speeds that could be a problem for that age group. The 6 and 7 year olds are restricted to a 13.90 1/8th mile ET, followed by 8-12 jumping up to 11.90, which should involve the aftermarket motor packages (for now).

http://www.nhra.com/userfiles/file/2014 Junior Dragster Racing League Rulebook Amendments 6-12-2014.pdf

But Will Hanna was saying a 20 sec. ET!

What kind of motor could they possibly use to run a 20 sec ET?

From the link:

"TRAINEE: age 5; elapsed time restricted to 20.00 seconds or slower; no racer

can run quicker than 20.000. Limited to noncompetition, single passes. Engine

restricted to factory-sealed Briggs & Stratton 206 crate engine (part no. 124332

8201 01) with red slide valve (part no. 555733). If the racer runs faster than

20.00 seconds, he or she will be disqualified for the remainder of the event...."

From Motivational Tubing:
New Trainee/Youth Jr. Dragster
This drawing is from our preliminary design and is still a work in progress. We will be sharing updates and the new car on our web site and facebook as it becomes available, so check in often!

Feel free to contact us for more information!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back