Newsweek: Angry Bill Clinton Claim of bin Laden Kill Order Not True (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
What, Clinton lied (again)?!?!

In a famous interview on Fox News last September, Bill Clinton told Chris Wallace he authorized a finding for the CIA to kill Osama bin Laden. "We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since.” Today, Newsweek's Michael Isikoff told Andrew Breitbart, guest hosting on the Dennis Miller Show, that the new CIA watchdog report reveals that Clinton's claim tends to "stretch reality." The original video clip and the full Isikoff report are in the related links.

related links:
Breitbart.tv » Newsweek: Angry Bill Clinton Claim of bin Laden Kill Order Not True

Clinton's original interview where he made the claim: Breitbart.tv » Clinton Claims bin Laden Kill Order on Fox News

Terror Watch: The CIA's Withering 9/11 Intelligence Report - Newsweek Terror Watch - MSNBC.com

Oh yeah, I forgot:

Clinton lied, people died!

Michael Isikoff, the reporter who broke the Monica Lewinsky story only to have his editors at Newsweek spike the story, has caught Bill Clinton in another lie: He never authorized the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Citing a recent CIA inspector general report, Isikoff and Mark Hosenball reported:
The report also criticized intelligence problems when Bill Clinton was president, detailing political and legal “constraints” agency officials felt in the late 1990s. In September 2006, during a famous encounter with Fox News anchor Wallace, Clinton erupted in anger and waived his finger when asked about whether his administration had done enough to get bin Laden. “What did I do? What did I do?” Clinton said at one point. “I worked hard to try to kill him. I authorized a finding for the CIA to kill him. We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since.”

Clinton appeared to have been referring to a December 1999 Memorandum of Notification (MON) he signed that authorized the CIA to use lethal force to capture, not kill, bin Laden. But the inspector general’s report made it clear that the agency never viewed the order as a license to “kill” bin Laden—one reason it never mounted more effective operations against him. “The restrictions in the authorities given the CIA with respect to bin Laden, while arguably, although ambiguously, relaxed for a period of time in late 1998 and early 1999, limited the range of permissible operations,” the report stated. (Scheuer agreed with the inspector general’s findings on this issue, but said if anything the report was overly diplomatic. “There was never any ambiguity,” he said. “None of those authorities ever allowed us to kill anyone. At least that’s what the CIA lawyers told us.” A spokesman for the former president had no immediate comment.)
I am not blaming Clinton for 9/11. The blame for that rests solely with the multi-millionaire, pampered son of a Saudi construction magnate — Osama bin Laden — and the minions he hired.

The entire United States went to sleep after the Berlin Wall fell. We thought we ruled the world unchallenged.

Hello, jihadists. Hello, China. Hello, Vladimir Putin. Hello, Hugo Chavez.

Our intelligence community had a meltdown in the 1990s will our military was mothballed. That was a deadly combination. Clinton’s tepid response to the first attack on the WTC in 1993 — which was clearly sponsored by Saddam Hussein — as well as Clinton’s no response to the USS Cole showed the nation’s vulnerability to pacifism in the face of a deadly enemy.

And George W. Bush ran as the America First, no nation-building candidate.

Not a proud hour for our country.

Don Surber » Blog Archive » Clinton lied, people died

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back