News & Information Forum - Poll (1 Viewer)

How often do you view threads in the News & Information Forum?

• Everytime I visit Nitromater

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Often

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Never

Votes: 40 51.3%

• Total voters

Kelly

Nitro Member
I receive tons of Press Releases via e-mail that I know Deby does, too. She is always so gracious to post them for us in News & Information. Just curious how y'all feel about that Forum.

(Prefix is NHRA, but all kinds of info from the Drag Racing world gets posted.)

I have no interest in reading whitewashed, boring press releases that are usually at other sites I visit anyway (NHRA, Complus, DRO, etc).

I'll ususally read the Powers press releases because they are different. I like the Bazemore bulletin and Fuller Times where the drivers list highlights about certain tracks and favorite places to eat, etc. I also read the CSK press releases because Bob Wilber can usually make them interesting. Those are mainly the only two I always read.

"To Each His/Her Own!"
Some like it hot/some like it cold?
If you aren't interested, move along. If you are, thank Deby for her efforts.
Unless we are at a bandwidth threshold, I say keep posting the Drag News from all the sources for us here on the Mater and if it's another story on Angelle's personal life, we can all just move along.

Unless we are at a bandwidth threshold, I say keep posting the Drag News from all the sources for us here on the Mater.

There are no bandwidth issues on the server. Reason for combining some of the forums is that very few people rarely visit these forums. So I have added a prefix for the thread starters to choose a category that is fitting for there post. Hope this helps.

Shannon

I have no interest in reading...press releases that are usually at other sites I visit anyway (NHRA, Complus, DRO, etc).

I agree. I appreciate all the work Debby does, but as far as I am concerned I have no interest in them, though I know other do.

I have been away since Thursday afternoon and I always search for new messages. About 35 of the 90 threads with new posts were from the News and Info forum. I wish there was away of filtering out that Forum when I searched. Am I missing something?

While I appreciate Deby's hard work I have to be honest and say it's a rare thing for me to read the news section. I think in all the years it's been done I've read 1 or 2. The majority of it is posted by a Mater member before Deby does the "official" releases.

So uh, I guess my answer would have to be never...

I do read some of the releases and the ones I think are informative, I will read a bit more often. The ones with all the spin, I stay away from.

Our most recent press release gave some insight to the dedication of our crew and what they do in the real world. I thought it was one of the better ones we have ever had.

"To Each His/Her Own!"
Some like it hot/some like it cold?
If you aren't interested, move along. If you are, thank Deby for her efforts.
Unless we are at a bandwidth threshold, I say keep posting the Drag News from all the sources for us here on the Mater and if it's another story on Angelle's personal life, we can all just move along.

AMEN Bobby. I don't read them all that often but since I do come here everyday I read the headlines and if I have already read the story elsewhere (usually) I'll just skip it. But I appreciate the work and have read some that missed elsewhere.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back