New TAD star is born? Who is this kid? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
Shawn Cowie, #1 qualifer @ Mission, 5.33 in a blown dragster.

I've not heard of him before. Anyone know anything about him and/or his car?

Michael
I only have the same info that you do...

Shawn Cowie- Richmond, BC.
Santos chassis, which I thought that Rick only built two, or maybe three cars... :confused:

Other than that... No Clue... ;)
Way to make an appearance at your first race?? :cool:

I'm sure I will stand corrected... :D
Thanks Paul...

Cowie is a great guy. He raced a blown alcohol dragster in Top Comp and was the No. 1 qualifyer more times than not since the beginning of the class so he has a lot of expreience with a blown long car. In Seattle at the opener he ran incredibly well.

Has Bucky officially parked his Alky Flopper??

I know he sold his TAFC to an Aussie racer at the end of last season.

I also remember reading on here, he was taking a break and was going to be working on his nostalgia FC... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember someone on here saying that.

Mike

Michael, I think you are right. He was going to focus on the nostaglia FC. But, the article I remember (probably linked from here back when) implied that he would be back to TAFC.

Has Bucky officially parked his Alky Flopper??

He's running the nostalgia nitro car with Plueger this year. They took it out for the first time a few weeks ago and ran 6.13 and didn't run it all the way through the lights. Next closest to them was in the 6.30's. Plueges can still build a hell of a car. Steve is also working on remake of his Plueger & Gyger Mustang bodied car. It was bare chassis and body in February. They were working hard to get Bucky's car done so I don't know if he's done anything more with it yet. It will be sweet when it's done though.

If you live in California and are bored, Bucky will be making some laps in Steve Plueger's car this Friday and Saturday at Bakersfield's test-n-tune.

Michael, I think you are right. He was going to focus on the nostaglia FC. But, the article I remember (probably linked from here back when) implied that he would be back to TAFC.

In National Dragster back in February I think, it said that he was going to be running a nostalgia f/c this year and that he was having a new alcohol car being built by Brad Hadman with a possible return date in August.

Former Rick Santos car!!!

After Rick "retired" the car was sold to the Edgecombe's who raced the car for a couple years.
Are you sure that's right?

I thought Rick Santos built a car for the Edgecombe people and Darren Nicholson was the first driver of that car...followed possibly by Paul Jones?

Rick Santo's built that car for the Edgecomb's. It was not his car, nor did he drive it. Other than the one he drove for O'Bannon, it is the only other car they have built. The edgecomb group are good friend of the Santos clan.

As far as Bucky goes, he is building a new TAFC, which will be ready soon. He has not decided though whether to run it as a TAFC or turn it into a nostalgia flopper. He did really like the nostalgia race at Seattle. That run would have been a 5.70-or low '80. It was 3.77@198 to half track with a .97 sixty foot.
Easily the quickest nostalgia flopper pass if it had of been run to 1320.

Dean

Are you sure that's right?

I thought Rick Santos built a car for the Edgecombe people and Darren Nicholson was the first driver of that car...followed possibly by Paul Jones?
I did mis-type on that. I meant to confirm that it was a car Rick built. I got to help him some when the new front half was installed and was on hand to help load the car into the Will's trailer.

... Other than the one he drove for O'Bannon, it is the only other car they have built. ...
That's not entirely accurate. Those were the only alcohol dragsters that Rick built but he did built a couple other cars. One was a 215" car for Frank Cervelli... there is even a Top Dragster type chassis sitting partially complete on the jig at George's right now.

Tony,

I'd appreciate you not using the term "Left" when referring to me. In insults my conservative leanings... LOL ;) :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back