New Racer - Big name, Big baggage (1 Viewer)

nick name

Nitro Member
Jeremy Mayfield says he's going to continue in racing, and drag racing might be his choice:

Despite criminal charges, Jeremy Mayfield vows to return to racing | Hickory Daily Record

Since I've never heard of the NHRA refusing a license due to criminal charges (or convictions, for that matter) I would guess he could try just about any class.

Yes, there have been suspensions for active racers, but I don't think a morals clause is part of the license application.

Of course, whether any sponsor on the planet would come within 10 feet of Mayfield is another question.

I have a suggestion as for Dan's question. (Of course, whether any sponsor on the planet would come within 10 feet of Mayfield is another question).

The Betty Ford Center:eek:

It's a very good point if a sponsor will come near him, especially with how hard it is to even get sponsorship in this sport at this time. I must admit, I think he got a penalty that was way to severe and should have been adapted too (NHRA didn't ban Aldermann for life) but i do believe that his name could still bring interest to the sport and at least some sponsors. I don't see him ever getting a huge deal though.

I always had the feeling Kurt Busch was gonna jump over here for good as he has stated before that he's been bored, so I guess he could lay the ground work for him.

Actualy Mayfield has a lot of ties to many NC drag racers... know several that have hung out at his place.... couple still do...

Helll it would not suprise me of a few drag racers carears being funded but illegal gains.... i know it happens in other forms of racing.....

I think he got a penalty that was way to severe and should have been adapted too (NHRA didn't ban Aldermann for life)

Mayfield messed with the bull by taking NASCAR to court. I'd think that if, in this case Alderman, did the same, NHRA would drop the hammer as well. No sanctioning body would take kindly to being publicly challenged.

I think he got a penalty that was way to severe and should have been adapted too (NHRA didn't ban Aldermann for life)
Wow, Pat, I hope you had a good copy editor for your book. :D

Wow, Pat, I hope you had a good copy editor for your book. :D

Is that the best you got? Your ignorance is second only to your arrogance.

Last edited:
If Mayfield wants to come play in the NHRA.. fine... submit a drug test if he's clean let him race....

it would generate some publicity for drag racing atleast...lol...

Hell i know people who have done worse than him in NASCAR and are still allowed to be around .. they just are willing to kiss the butts of the powers that be over there...lol Hell i know one tv guy that has been fired from more than a couple teams for taking parts and tires and selling them out the back door and pocketing the money....lol

If Mayfield wants to come play in the NHRA.. fine... submit a drug test if he's clean let him race....

it would generate some publicity for drag racing atleast...lol...

Hell i know people who have done worse than him in NASCAR and are still allowed to be around .. they just are willing to kiss the butts of the powers that be over there...lol Hell i know one tv guy that has been fired from more than a couple teams for taking parts and tires and selling them out the back door and pocketing the money....lol

Good point. It brings up the whole system of penalties. Was it right to give Aldermann 2 years, Eckman 15, what about the 1 year suspensions? What about the whole dodge boys issue and the whole confusing drug test issues we have heard of? Is the system to weak/harsh in some areas vs. the actual evidence or is it really all about your popularity and who you know?

actualy mayfield has a lot of ties to many nc drag racers... Know several that have hung out at his place.... Couple still do...

Helll it would not suprise me of a few drag racers carears being funded but illegal gains.... I know it happens in other forms of racing.....

a few??? so many.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back