New drag toy for the me...er, I mean the kids for Christmas (1 Viewer)

Anyone seen one of these? The ad says pre-order. Also mentions other cars will be available.

2010 JOHN-ASHLEY FORCE DRAG SLOT CAR SET 1:64 HO 1/24 - eBay (item 300453593912 end time Sep-05-10 20:10:45 PDT)

I had something similar as a kid. Hopefully my kids will have as much fun with one as I did!

The last notice I saw on them was delivery in late October. Finally another slot car set for drag racing. I wish they would have made them at least 1/32 scale. It's going to be hard, if not impossible, to make a dragster look right in 1/64. Did you know a couple other funny cars and a couple of pro stock are also supposed to be made to add on to the set?

Rumor is if you buy two sets, you get free exploding Jeff Diehl and Matt Hagan funny cars that can be replayed OVER and OVER and OVER again in 4-wide ESPN mode :)

Am I to understand that there is also to be a DHL car which will magnetically attract any car in the other lane to run into it?:rolleyes:

d'kid

Sorry Jeff, I know that was WRONG, but... you'd think people would know yellow means caution, not target:eek::D

Just finished building a 30' HO scale dragstrip with a timing system, reaction timer and bracket race capable. Cost me around $200 and a week of my summer.

Just finished building a 30' HO scale dragstrip with a timing system, reaction timer and bracket race capable. Cost me around $200 and a week of my summer.

Aw come on man, you can't throw that up here without pics!

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

I wish they would have made them at least 1/32 scale. It's going to be hard, if not impossible, to make a dragster look right in 1/64.

It would be equally hard to set up a decent length track in 1/32 compared to 1/64. Remember that the old HO cars were 1/87.

Jim

Pretty cool, although it's a little pricey for me at the moment. I used to make my own dragstrip using pieces of Tyco track. Sand trap was a pillow, but that didn't always work out for the cars:D If the races were too close to call, re-run.

I wonder what happened to the 1/24 scale track that they used to have in the Winston tent? That's the set I would want to have. One year at the Cajuns someone had a small cutout of Buster Couch leaning on the christmas tree. That was a cool setup. Of course, you would need a huge room to put it in.

I saw those on an email I got from John Force Racing. When I first saw it I thought they were small diecast cars & a Hot Wheel like track. Seemed kind of steep to me! They are listed at $99 on the JF site. I'm guessing some slot car collectors will snap these up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back