NE Ohio Drag Racers "Geezer Gathering" (1 Viewer)

Triple Nickel II

Nitro Member
I thought this might be of interest to some of the old-timers in the area.

=================================

NE Ohio Drag Racers
"Geezer Gathering"

Sunday, January 25
Noon til ???
Valley Inn - Doylestown, Ohio

Come and visit with racers from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Watch racers old home video from the Akron Airport, Dragway 42, Thompson, Magnolia and Quaker City.

Event plans to have many local racers who were national champions like Otie Smith, Oties Automotive, Ken Venney, Richard Duker, Charlie Gilbertson, George Kitchen and more.

No Cover Charge
Kitchen and Bar will be open

Call Paul for any info 330-644-4459 or email [email protected].
Valley Inn phone is 330 658 9859

Thanks for the Info, Wayne. I will definitely try to get my Dad there. He isn't famous, but he knows a lot of those guys from back in the day. I am sure he would have a good time.

Wow I will forward the info to my Uncle Larry, He raced in NE Ohio since the early 60s,(Always a Ford) My Dad went to high school with Otie Smith, He did all our engine machine work, I used to buy my tires from Otie too, I remember the good old days at Quaker City, Magnolia, 42, Thompson, Sounds like fun.

Just got home from the event. My dad had a pretty good time and saw a few people he hadn't talked to in awhile. Mark Pawuk was there - no plans of racing any time soon. Dave Koffel of B1 Mopar heads fame was there. Plus who know who else - At 42 I was one of the youngest there.

Lot's of neat old video of the local tracks. Some great old funny car footage from the old AHRA Grand Nationals at Dragway 42. If there is another, I will be there again!

Thanks for the heads-up Wayne.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back