ND-Great job on the August 14 issue (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Congrats to Phil and company on their August 14 issue of National Dragster. 4 color pages of Peter Biondo giving us little guys a few tips (though he was very careful to be very general and not spill any trade secrets), four color pages of Stephen Hagberg's '64 Plymouth, a very nice spread for the Travels with Brenda piece. national event coverage, old geezer coverage, usual puff pr pieces (hey Capps, Anderson and Johnson. Tell us a story with interesting anecdotes and inside peeks in your racing world. You aren't doing your sponsor any favors when I read three sentences and give up on your article.) I also enjoyed seeing the All Star race coverage, along with the divisional coverage. The Fred Camarena piece was really cool. Who knew you could play softball four nights a week? The photography is so good, we now take large, perfectly composed images for granted. The Eddie Krawiec picture showed me more of the Byron Hines motor than I have seen in 5 years of going to the World Finals(does that skinny little belt drive the vacuum pump?).

I believe ND's new focus on sportsman racing will help us, out here in the weeds, stay interested in NHRA.

A couple of requests from out here in the weeds. How about a four page color spread on the soon to be outdated pro stock car. Inside stuff, rear ends, suspension, close in-focus images of the engine and trans. How about bringing back the On The Road feature with a pro team. Life inside the transporter and at the shop stuff. How about a piece on what a touring driver's life is like away from the track. Real job, traveling, family etc.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back