My wish list would definitely include... (1 Viewer)

Rich

Nitro Member
...an IHRA race here in the Pacific Northwest. Frankly, I don't know why Spokane Raceway Park still clings to the shell of the AHRA. With the recent troubles with that track, it seems to me a smart move would be for the track to finally put the AHRA fiction to rest and instead join the IHRA. An IHRA event at Spokane Raceway Park would surely draw race fans from across the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada just as the NHRA Northwest Nationals at Pacific Raceways do. And it would undoubtedly be a money maker for the track as well.

Or am I missing something here?

I think this could be a very real possibility in a couple years listening to Aaron Polburn. Polburn stated after the Edmonton race that they are looking to add a race to compliment the Rocky Mtn Nationals.

http://www.castrolraceway.com/news.asp?ID=57

I would think Calgary would be preferred and I hear they're improving the facility specifically to land a national event but who knows? It could be Calgary or Spokane or maybe, shall we dream both?

Now to dream real big and have the IHRA "western swing" coincide with the NHRA western swing so us fans in the Northwest can see some NHRA teams cross over like we see in the East?

I would love for the IHRA to come out to our neck of the woods!
Oh man a "western swing" would be the coolest....and I do like the idea of an event in Spokane. I would for sure make that trip...even if it is on the other side of the state.
Hopefully they keep talking it up.

A Edmonton, Calgary, Spokane "western swing" for the IHRA would be outstanding! Perhaps a couple of years down the road something like that could actually come to pass.

I'd definitely make it to Spokane if such an event were held. Although I haven't lived there for some time, I'm originally from Spokane and still make it over there once in awhile.

Last edited:
IHRA's Western Swing

Add me to the list of people who'd love to see an IHRA "Western Swing". Except it couldn't be called that - how about "North by Northwest"? Sounds like a great trifecta of Edmonton, Calgary, and Spokane. Not sure if I'd want it around the same time as NHRA's Western Swing - while it'd be nice to have some crossover, the NFC final in Norwalk sort of showed the downside of crossover teams. That, and I had a ball in Seattle this year and would hate to have to miss it if it were too close to the Edmonton race (I have to work and see the wife sometime). :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back