my story telling (1 Viewer)

Some of you have asked for stories. I hope I don't bore you with some of them. Google DRAG RACING THE GOLDEN ERA THE 60s to the 80s Randy did a great interview in my opinion, it is 1.25 hours long.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter
use/ sutton DRAG RACING THE GOLDEN ERA THE 60s to the 80s / avoids more searching. This man has more great stories to tell than any other.

Well, can we tell our own stories here? I'll tell a shortened version of Big VS Larry. Irwindale, early 1973. Lions had closed, Larry is the starter at The Dale. 2 out of 3 match race between Don Moody, who had run low ET of the world at 5.91, Ontario, late 1972, VS Garlits. Rocket car was in right lane, puked all over the starting line, big mess. They clean it up & Garlits has that lane. Memory shorts out a bit here, but Larry told Big to shut it off. Big sez no, he wants to put on a show for the folks. Finally, Larry puts a fire extinguisher in front of Big's car, and that was that,

Well, can we tell our own stories here? I'll tell a shortened version of Big VS Larry. Irwindale, early 1973. Lions had closed, Larry is the starter at The Dale. 2 out of 3 match race between Don Moody, who had run low ET of the world at 5.91, Ontario, late 1972, VS Garlits. Rocket car was in right lane, puked all over the starting line, big mess. They clean it up & Garlits has that lane. Memory shorts out a bit here, but Larry told Big to shut it off. Big sez no, he wants to put on a show for the folks. Finally, Larry puts a fire extinguisher in front of Big's car, and that was that,
Cliff.
Garlits was in the left lane with lots of oil coming out of the motor, I told TC shut him off, TC says YOU tell him, I did and he would not so yes I put two fire extinguishers in front of his car and the grease sweep bag end of problem.

PS: In the video I talked about earlier one of the stories is me giving Garlits his foot back to him, during the 2017 Hall of fame banquet .

Larry Sutton---Lions Starter

Hey Larry. When are we going to have lunch again with DT? :)
Randy
You know DT moved to Oregon an I live in cedar city utah an after I made the commitment about you on another post do you REALLY think I would get with in 20 miles of you for lunch LOL
SUTTON🤪😜😭🤠

🤪 🤠🤪
Randy
You know DT moved to Oregon an I live in cedar city utah an after I made the commitment about you on another post do you REALLY think I would get with in 20 miles of you for lunch LOL
SUTTON🤪😜😭🤠
Randy
Come to Utah an I will buy you lunch.
Sutton

🤪 🤠🤪

Randy
Come to Utah an I will buy you lunch.
Sutton
We're heading north in the motorhome later in the year and will probably be going right through there. You need to meet Bonnie. If I sold my new race car I think she would want the phone number of whoever I sold it to! :eek:

We're heading north in the motorhome later in the year and will probably be going right through there. You need to meet Bonnie. If I sold my new race car I think she would want the phone number of whoever I sold it to! :eek:
Randy
Get my number from DT stay here, will be looking forward to it.
SUTTON

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back