Millican, Grubnic, Larsen (1 Viewer)

MHayes

Staff member
Nitro Member
Really looking forward to seeing this team in 2015!! Good luck guys!!

From CompPlus on Facebook:

"Stringer Performance announces new Top Fuel team to run NHRA Mello Yellow Series in 2014 at PRI. David Grubnic to serve as crew chief with Lance Larsen as Team Manager. Great Clips, Parts Plus to serve as sponsors."

10846393_10152919525473234_6725291597622579175_n (1).jpg

The article on Comp Plus stated "David Grubnic joins Stringer Performance in his first outing as a crew chief and is ready for the challenge of building a team from the ground up." I remember way back when he drove the Geronimo Fueler, he was also the tuner.

The Millican Grubnic Larson deal sounds great! Now I got a team to root for even though Lance spells his last name wrong!

I hope they do well, I sat next to him at a airport in North Carolina waiting for a flight after a IHRA awards banquet. We talked to each other like we've known each other for years. Clay is a class act.

Best of luck to the team! I've rooted for Clay and Grubby for years and hope they have some "Beginner's" (as in new team) Luck!

Clay's an excitable guy to beging with. WHEN he gets his first win this coming season, we are probably gonna see a one man celebration the likes of which we haven't seen yet. I'm looking forward to it!

Clay's an excitable guy to beging with. WHEN he gets his first win this coming season, we are probably gonna see a one man celebration the likes of which we haven't seen yet. I'm looking forward to it!

In-line with Marty the one-man party? Possibly!

I hope that he and Grubby get that first win as well this year!!

Great news!
I forsee a lot of discussions between Grubby and Clay about " you have a heckuva an accent....I don't have an accent! You have the accent!":D

Two of the most likeable personalities in racing, lots of good parts and Lance guiding them, guaranteed to be one of the most followed teams next year. Hopefully NHRA gives them a good amount of press time, they will surely make the very best of it. At least they won't be stuck on the cookie cutter interviews.
After all his success in IHRA, i'm sure Clay must be frustrated, but it sure is nice to see he still just loves racing. All the best to Stringer Performance in 2015 :)

Good news for Millican, Grubby and Larsen!

So the next obvious question is what happens to Dexter Tuttle's team?

I think this is great and wish them much luck. TF has been getting boring with just the Shoe and Al Anabi cars winning every year. With the Dixon/Connolly team, Kalitta/Todd, the Lucas team that always runs good, the Torrences and Brit is also getting better, just needs consistency, ... I'm looking forward to an exciting TF season.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back