Mile-High Nationals (1 Viewer)

Yes it is Joe. I'm sure you know this already but Chris Shoen might not, Red Rocks amphitheater is on the other side of the mountain from both the track and dinosaur ridge. Definitely worth checking out in the morning on Friday or Saturday since the pros don't run until the evening.

Nice pictures Luke. When I was a kid, that road used to be one of the ways you got to the track. The highway you see in the picture (C-470) didn't come until 1990 or 91 I believe. Anyway, it was a Thursday and we went to see Comp and Alcohol qualifying. My dad got out of work late so we were up on that road when Alcohol Funny Car started. We pulled over and watched two pairs (traffic guy on an ATV made us leave after the second pair). It was pretty cool seeing the cars launch but not hearing the loud sound for a couple of seconds. The cars would be somewhere around the 330' mark when the sound would come blasting into our ears.

I have been to Red Rocks during a Div. race while the Sportsman cars were running. You can hear them just fine, I imagine the Fuel cars sound pretty loud there! lol

Spoken like someone who has never been there, the Track Coolers that John Bandimere installed have had a Huge effect on performance! They drop the Track temps by 20 degrees!

From a very selfish perspective I don't like the track coolers. My car is VERY slow (19.75@70mph), and will not spin the tires even if I wanted to. I won quite a few rounds when the track was hot and the faster (and every car there is faster than I am) struggled with traction. That being said, when I am not in the drivers seat, the track coolers make for a good show!

Well, got to the track about 1:30. Still sitting in the car watching the rain hit the windshield, lol.

Y'all will like the numbers when you see them. Some of the nitro numbers would qualify #1 at most sea-level tracks. And big news for the Pro Stocks. (no, not involving any changes)

Bandimere gets great numbers under lights like most tracks! The key is what run on 120+ today and Tomorrow are both suppose to be 90+ so it will get interesting!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back