Mike Lewis (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
I just read over at DRC that Mike will be driving Tom Conway's A/FD in Maple Grove this weekend. I believe he has also been driving Justin Grant's Stardust Nostalgia FC. I know that he has been involved with Maple Grove for years, and works for Shoe, but it's great to see a guy who obviously loves the sport get some seat time in such cool rides. Good luck Mike, and thanks for giving hoping for some of us that have been around for awhile to get a ride!

I met him last year in DSR's hospitality - and he is a stand up guy.
When I found out he was also a racer, it just really made his credibility go up for me. People like that just make the sport better.

DLB

Mike is one of the Good Guys in this sport! He was excited about this weekend and the chance to drive Conway's car! He will be driving the Don Schumacher's Wonder Wagon at the US Nationals for two runs! Having Mike drive my car is a great honor, and I am proud to call him a friend!

Go get'em Mike!

He has a Top Alky Dragster License and an Advanced ET (6.0 or slower) short wheel base license.

His family has a long history with TF cars.

I'll tell you something cool about Mike Lewis. One time I lost my credential in the parking lot at Pomona. I saw Mike walking by as he was with NHRA at the time. I told him what had happened and he got in his brief case and gave me another one. How cool is that?

Mike has always been cordial to me, my family and friends! I didn't know he raced either.

Mike is a great guy!! Met him in Bowling Green in the tower and he was driving the Wonder Wagon for Exhibition. He also has a fuel altered license.

Good luck to him, he'll do very well with Tom!!

Mike is a great guy. I met him and his wife at NHHR in BG. If I would have known he had an Altered license as well,,,,I might have kept him away from Dave Hough a little more. LMAO!! :p ;)

Good luck on the driving Mike,

Rapid

I spent some time with Mike at Brainerd when he was gitting fitted in Kimmelyn/ Conway's car....(she says its hers) super nice guy who said his daughters wanted to know how much of their inheritance he was planning to spend. He is excited to get into this car and let her rip.. I told Kim to give him the Days of Thunder Speech.... If you bend this ***** in the least little way ....I'll rip your n-ts off. Mike and I laughed...well I did.

Mike has driven a number of different racecars, I believe he finished his short wheelbase license before the 2007 March Meet. He's also driven one or two of Joel Gruzen's altered's.

Mike Lewis Photo he's also a damn good track announcer.

Yes, His family still owns it.

Then I know him. He is really a great guy.

I remember when Elmer Trett died at Indy, My wife and I got the first plane to Georgia to be with the family. They asked me to deliver the eulogy at his funeral. I couldn't say no because he and I were best buds. However, I had no idea how to write one.

I was wrestling with this when the mail came and there was a large envelope from Mike. It was a copy of the eulogy he had written and delivered at the service they had at Indy.

I read it and knew right away that this was supposed to be delivered at Elmer's funeral. No one could have written a better one that really captured who Elmer was.

So at the largest funeral that that county in Georgia had ever had, I delivered Mikes great words.

Thanks mike.

Jay

Mike Lewis is REALLY a fine gentleman in all ways,

For example in 2004 at the 50th US Nationals in Indy, NHRA invited us to bring our newly restored Over the Hill Gang Top Fuel Dragster to participate in thier party, The plan was to put our car, which won the 25th race in the winner's circle with the 50th winner and the replicated 1st winner, the Calvin Race car.

Mike was aware of this promotion prior to the last round, When Tony Schumacher won bedlum broke out , with everybody wanting to get close to the Army car.

Mike saw that the confusion and chaos was distrubting the planed photo.

He put a stop to the entire winners circle event until we could push through the crowd and get our car in the photo lineup.

This was thier day in the sun, not ours, but Mike make it happen, It was a great day for the DSR team and we thank Mike to this day for his generous help. Yea , Mike has the passion, something we do not see in upper management these days, DRS knows that people make success, and you can see the results, and just by chance that is Mike's job at DSR, guess the results speak for themselves

5.34 @ 266, W O W! number 4 qualifier and second best run of the session, looks like Tom put the "good stuff" tune-up in it.....

Nice run Mike!

Wish I was their to reciprocate the support you gave @ Houston earlier this year, but, go get 'em anyway.....

Unk

And now to the final four, way cool.

Against Gallant in the semi's, should be a close race, but with Tom's tune-up and Mike cutting a light, hope to see him in the finals.

Unk

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back