Mike Henry Wins Pinks All Out Quick 8 (1 Viewer)

Pinks All Out rolled into Infineon Raceway this past weekend for the second time in three years and brought out some of the best around. Mike Henry, in his 1981 Gotelli Speed Shop sponsored Kustom Koffin Camaro went there for one purpose and that was to be the Quick 8 winner at the end of the day. After recently developing his own engine program with the help of pro mod team owner Luther Lane, Henry knew he had the power to get the job done. He rolled into the first qualifying session with a 7.25 off the tree and backed it up with a 7.22 off the arm drop in the second session. Once the ladder was set Henry was #2 behind Justin Wake in his beautiful 1968 Camaro with a 7.05.

" My son really was the one who pushed me to go and I'm glad he did. I"m glad to have him serving as crew chief especially since he's only 14 years old. We had some tire shake in testing but we were trying some new stuff, getting after it pretty quick to make a go at the 6s but we ended up going back to our 7.20 stuff. We had to take out some pretty tough cars to make it to the final, but beating the big engines with this little 565ci is pretty fun", says Mike Henry.

It was an all nitrous final, Mike Henry vs. #1 qualifier Wake with his Bob Panella built nitrous engine. The crowd was on their feet as the two fastest cars on the property rolled into the burnout box. With Wake having 2 tenths advantage over Henry the D&M Racing team knew they had their hands full and would have to throw the kitchen sink at it if they wanted to get the win. Once TV host Rich Christensen's arms dropped it was Mike Henry with the hole shot win over Wake with a 7.19 @ 192 to a 7.12 @194. The D&M Racing team now heads off to the final race of the Pro Slammer Door Car Association's season, the Governor's cup where they hope to walk away winners to end the year. The video of the final can be seen at PSDCA

Thanks to Gotelli Speed Shop, Kustom Koffin Apparel, Luther Lane, Pat Watson and all the friends and family that support this team.

PSDCA
D & M Auto Race team drag racing

Attachments

• pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 8
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back