Mid-West Pro Mod Series Adds J & A Service TA/FC To Its Championship Series (1 Viewer)

justafan

Nitro Member

$10,000 to win, $2500 RU, $1000 Low Qualifier per race. 1/8 Mile this year, possibly 1/4 Mile next year. In 2021, $20K to Series Winner, $10K to Second Place. Thanks to Jim & Annie Whiteley.

This is really interesting to me. 1/8 mile racing has really come into it's own, with all the Pro Mod type classes that are being run. Adding TA/FC is a good idea & gives them a place to race besides regionals & divisionals. I could see teams opt for this type of racing rather than regular NHRA racing. Funny Car Chaos is going in the right direction as well. Also interesting how many 1/4 mile tracks run 1/8 mile events. Galot & Pro Extreme Raceways are purpose built 1/8 mile & they are both great tracks. Be interesting to see what direction drag racing goes in the next 5 years. I'm a traditional 1/4 mile guy, but I would love to go to one of these events; think it would be an exciting race.

This is really interesting to me. 1/8 mile racing has really come into it's own, with all the Pro Mod type classes that are being run. Adding TA/FC is a good idea & gives them a place to race besides regionals & divisionals. I could see teams opt for this type of racing rather than regular NHRA racing. Funny Car Chaos is going in the right direction as well.

Cliff, I agree. Glad there is somewhere else for Alcohol Funny Cars to race. It's a great class, TAD as well. I know there are lots of fans who don't care for 1/8 mile racing or even 1000 ft. racing, but I think that 1/8 mile racing is slowly growing. To each their own. I enjoy it. The Northeast Outlaw Pro Mod Association moved from 1/4 mile to 1/8 mile racing this year. $10K for the winner seems like it should draw some interest. Looking forward the MWPMS race in Martin, MI in September. They have Funny Car Chaos on the bill already. Should be a fun weekend. Plus it's the week after Indy and 3 weeks before St. Louis. Cramming all my live drag racing events for the year in 5 weeks after losing the 3 races at Joliet (NHRA, LODRS and NMCA) that I attend every year.

When I first started following 1/8 mile, I had to get used to speeds & ET's. Now I know that if a Pro Nitrous (for example) runs a 3.60 something, that is a great pass. 209 is unreal for the same c;lass. Any car that runs 4 seconds in the 1/8 is usually a 6 second car in the 1/4, etc. My dream would be to see 1/8 mile T/F and F/C and see who can run 300 in the 1/8. I know the best speed so far has been 299 & change (which in my mind is 300 cuz the timing lites are before the finish line). Well, that may never happen, but ya never know.

Personally I just can’t get that into 1/8 mile racing but it’s good to see racers have other options to run. The sad thing is the money being offered is better than they get in NHRA I do believe. They do get contingency money in NHRA but most of the teams leave with very little after an event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back