Mickey Thompson story on 48 hrs???? (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I heard part of a promo about "legendary drag racer" Mickey Thompson story to be on the show "48 hrs" this Saturday. Has anyone else heard anything about it? :confused:

Maybe....but don't they now have a conviction? That would be interesting to hear what turned the "suspect" into a convict after all these years.

Maybe....but don't they now have a conviction? That would be interesting to hear what turned the "suspect" into a convict after all these years.

I watched it Saturday night. It was a very tragic story, and I learned a lot I didn't know about Mickey.

It seems the conviction was based on a ton of circumstantial evidence, but it wasn't difficult for the jury to connect the dots. I give a great amount of credit to the prosecutor for having the patience to wait until he was sure he had what he hoped was enough evidence to convict Michael Goodwin, who is now serving 2 consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole.

And of course to Mickey's sister, who not only kept the spotlight on Mickey and Trudy's murders, but also did her own investigating to find the person responsible for her son's murder many years earlier.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back