Megan Meyer stepping away after 2020 (1 Viewer)

NITRO JUNKIE

Nitro Member
Wow I’m surprised to see this, best wishes Megan!

It IS tough for women racers who want to have a full life (and I'm old fashioned enough to think having kids can be a worthy and fulfilling experience).
So glad she was able to attain the success she wanted.

She doesn't want to end up being a 40 year old dragster driver with no kids and no life.
That's right Randy she planning on getting and Raising a family.. She's not done but everybody supportive on her decision Rachel may take seat haven't heard yet.

That's right Randy she planning on getting and Raising a family.. She's not done but everybody supportive on her decision Rachel may take seat haven't heard yet.
She still has Allstars and wants to win region again

The Meyer's have made a lasting impact on the drag racing world. I guess it could be argued that Megan has little left to prove. I assume her father will continue on, but I'm sure her parents have enjoyed the family aspect of roughly the last decade. Our sport, like many things in life, is going through some massive changes.

When one door closes, another opens .... well except for the people who look around and see nothing but closing doors!

Personally, it wouldn't shock me at all to see her back one year .... she's a very young person with lots of life to live, a season may come back around for her and we'd all be lucky if it did.

She doesn't want to end up being a 40 year old dragster driver with no kids and no life.
That sounds nearly ideal to me, but can we switch 40 with 80?
Oh, I see... So those that don't want a family have no life. Cool, got it.
I took those to be two unrelated issues. In a normal year, almost all of my vacation time is used to travel to races, so there isn't much room left for what most people would consider to be a "life." And that's without any kids and their needs added to the picture. I don't feel like I'm missing anything, but that's not true of everyone.

Oh, I see... So those that don't want a family have no life. Cool, got it.
If you read the article you will understand her intentions Randy never said anything of the sort this is her choice no reference towards anyone else.

If you read the article you will understand her intentions Randy never said anything of the sort this is her choice no reference towards anyone else.

Look, I like Randy, he's a great guy, and I did read the article. Randy's comment read as a negative to those out there that choose to do the opposite of Megan. "Megan want's to build a family and work on her life outside of racing" would have sounded better, imo.

I was just thinking yesterday how well she has been doing with her social media and how she could be one of the really good next-generation drivers. Dang!
While everyone seems to be reading into the family part of the statement, concentrating on business is never a bad deal when it comes to a future in drag racing. Perhaps some time spent on that will let her come back bigger and better in the future. All the best to her and the family.

Sad to see her stepping away, but I wish her the best. Rest assured, that car will not have any issues finding a driver to race it.

DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT....BUT.....GOOD FOR HER.. I THOUGHT FOR SURE SHE WOULD HAVE EVENTUALLY MOVED TO THE NITRO RANKS

Sad to see her stepping away, but I wish her the best. Rest assured, that car will not have any issues finding a driver to race it.
We're happy for her she able to stick her plans. She isn't leaving the sport she will be around working with RMR and racing super comp at many tracks when she has time to get away from business in marketing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back