Meadors, Goodguys Racing Team Look Forward to Big Weekend at Infineon Raceway (1 Viewer)

Sonoma, CA – The Goodguys Racing “Pure Hell2” ’69 Camaro Pro Mod will be on familiar turf this weekend as Goodguys President Marc Meadors looks to win his first event of the 2011 season on his home track at Infineon Raceway. A field of over 20 West Coast Outlaw Pro Mods is expected at the Sonoma track this weekend during the NHRA Division 7 points meet presented by Korbel. It will be the deepest, most talented field of Pro Mods assembled so far this year out West and hope springs eternal in the Goodguys Racing camp following a sparkling test session here over Memorial Day weekend.

It was during that test session that Meadors logged the best run of his career, ripping off a 5.83 @ 247mph. His was the first “door car” to ever record a sub-six second run at the vaunted track. The team will need to repeat that performance and more this weekend if they’re to hoist the winner’s trophy Sunday afternoon. “This will be our toughest race since we formed the team in 2008,” Meadors said. “The competition in West Coast Outlaw Pro Mod is getting tougher with each event. With the sea-level conditions available at Infineon Raceway, the cars will fly this weekend. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see lot’s of 5 second runs. There is that much air here and these cars love air.”

The Goodguys team came close to bagging their first WCOPM series win in June when they finished runner-up to the ’58 Corvette of Lee Smith during Firebird Raceway’s “Famous Fox Hunt” in Boise, Idaho. Meadors is confident they can threaten again this weekend. “If we can find the 5.80s, which I know we can, we have a good chance of putting together 3 or 4 good runs on Sunday. No matter what you race, if you can find fast, consistent performance, you can win. I like our chances in Sonoma.”

Qualifying for the West Coast Outlaw Pro Mod’s is Friday July 21 at 4pm, Saturday, July 22nd at NOON and 4pm with final eliminations scheduled for 9am Sunday the 23rd. For same day results and updates visit West Coast Outlaw Pro Mod Association

For more on Goodguys Racing and the Pure Hell2 ’69 Camaro, visit The Official Website for Goodguys Racing

Attachments

• Pure_Hell_2.jpg
    Pure_Hell_2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 56
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back