McMillen Strong Again in Top Fuel at Grand Bend (1 Viewer)

McMillen Strong Again in Top Fuel at Grand Bend

GRAND BEND, Ont. (July 25, 2007) - Terry McMillen, pilot of the Torco Nitro Top Fuel Dragster, backed up his win in Edmonton with a semifinal appearance at the MOPAR Canadian Nationals.

The Foley-Lewis owned car leaves the race up one spot in the number fifth position.

"It looks like it's going to be a fun summer," said McMillen. "Doug Foley, Tim Lewis and my whole crew really had this car coming around. To think where we were a couple of races ago, and then where we're at now -- number five in points -- is pretty exciting. I can't thank Evan, Tim and Doug enough."

The Torco team made the most of their qualifying efforts putting the Knoll-sponsored ride in the top half of the field. When Sunday eliminations started, McMillen would square off against Mitch King, advancing to a semifinal showdown with the Jack Ostrander machine piloted by Jim Cavalieri.

While the semifinal match-up would not set any records, McMillen and Cavalieri would thrill the fans with a side-by-side pedalfest.

"There was a lot of noise, and there was a lot of smoke," McMillen commented. "I was just trying to get the car to hook up. After my third try, it just lifted the blower right off the car. Overall, we were pretty happy with the weekend. As long as we continue to improve each race, we should have a shot at this."

The next stop for McMillen is the Torco Racing Fuels Northern Nationals at the beautiful Knoll Gas Motor Sports Park in Martin, Michigan August 3-5. McMillen will be competing for points in the Knoll Gas Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series along with fellow racers Zizzo, Litton, Cannon, Lagana and others. He will also face an all-star cast including Doug Foley, Clay Millican, Melanie Troxel and J.R. Todd.
To learn more about Terry McMillen and the Amalie Oil InstiGator visit Terry McMillen's Hoosier Thunder Motorsports.

ABOUT TORCO RACE FUELS [http://torcoracefuels.com or http://torco.com]
Torco Racing Fuels is the first choice for engine builders and professional racers seeking extreme power and consistency. The company also offers commercial and racing oils and lubes; SKULL Shine, a complete line of car care products; SKULL Gear, a complete line of apparel, traction compound, and racing-related accessories.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back